Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

This Week


I cannot believe its the first weekend in 2019.  I am still enjoying some much needed time off from work, and especially since I can spend time with my hubby, as he is off work too.  I thought it would be fun to share a few things that have happened this week:

1. Taking 16 Days OFF Work
I cannot tell you the last time I took over two weeks off work.  I was a little unsure about my decision for awhile, but after taking the mini sabbatical,  I realize its been sooo nice, and needed.  I have checked into work a few times (maybe 2 to 3 times), but always less than 10 minutes each time.  Its been nice to distance myself from work projects and stresses, as its really helped me get perspective on several things.  Its also been nice to be off with Matt for a few days, as we have had a great time relaxing, running errands, and just being together.  Its been a great way to start the new year. 


2.  Enneagram Results

Over the Christmas Holiday, I read a book called A Road Back to You, and it discusses the Enneagram Personality Test.  The Enneagram is a model of the human psyche which is principally understood and taught as a typology of nine interconnected personality types. It has Christian roots, and supported by many Christian leaders.  I have read about this personality test for YEARS, but finally gave in and read the book.

Well its no surprise here, but my personality type was a ONE - a Perfectionist/Reformer.  LOL!!

Here is a short description:  Ones are conscientious and ethical, with a strong sense of right and wrong. They are teachers, crusaders, and advocates for change: always striving to improve things, but afraid of making a mistake. Well-organized, orderly, and fastidious, they try to maintain high standards, but can slip into being critical and perfectionistic. They typically have problems with resentment and impatience. At their Best: wise, discerning, realistic, and noble. Can be morally heroic.

    Basic Fear: Of being corrupt/evil, defective
    Basic Desire: To be good, to have integrity, to be balanced

Key Motivations: Want to be right, to strive higher and improve everything, to be consistent with their ideals, to justify themselves, to be beyond criticism so as not to be condemned by anyone.

Yup, this describes me exactly. If you haven't taken the test to find out what you are, here are one of the tests I took.  (Yes, I took several, as I wanted to make sure I was a One.  LOL!!!)
Short Version:  https://enneagramtest.net/
Long Version: https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/dotest
3. A Clean and ORGANIZED House 
Over the past week and half, I have taken time to organize every closest, drawer, and room in our house.  Yesterday, I took time to clean everything, and its so nice to have a clean and organized space for the new year!  I tackled this task, by working on a room or two rooms per day.  Some days it took me an hour, other days it took three or four hours, but slow and steady I got it done! But, its been sooo worth it!


4. Spending time with friends!
Over the holiday break, I was able to connect with several of my closest friends, and that was an incredible gift.  This past week, my best friend Tiffany was passing through town, and we had a chance to grab lunch and catch up, which was sooo nice.  

5. Binge watching my favorite show (AGAIN)
To relax this week, I've also found time to re-watch one of my favorite shows again, When Calls the Heart.  I really love this show, and its been great to start from the beginning and re-watch the show again.  Also, it helps me unwind and not focus on anything except the show.

There you have it!   Its been an awesome break from "reality" the last few days.  Tomorrow its back to my "normal" routine, which I am looking forward to (if I have to be honest).  

Have a great week my friends! 





No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig