Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

This Week


Happy February Friends!!  Whew, all I have say is thank goodness January is OVER.  It was a tough month with lots of challenges, worries, and battling a lot of sickness.  I am ready for a new start and new month!!  To kick off February, I thought it would be fun to jump back into the 5 on Friday series, and share the amazing things I am loving these days.  So here goes:


1.T3 SinglePass Curling Iron
For Christmas I got a new curling iron, which I know may sound funny but its something I had my eye on for a few months.  I have always curled my hair with hot rollers, and would like to transition to this curling iron full time.  Its taking me a little time to figure out the best technique, but I am getting it slowly. Overall this Curling Iron is amazing, and I am hoping to fully transition to it this month!!  Here is a link to the curling iron to learn more.

2. Book #1 of 2019 - I just finished Michelle Obama's new book, and I loved it!!  Regardless of what your political views are this is truly a story of inspiration. Learn how Michelle Obama grew from the Southside of Chicago into a powerhouse woman and First Lady. She is an unbelievable story teller, and overall it was a great book.  Highly recommend. 

3. MBA - I have thought about pursuing my MBA for years, but finally believe the time is right for me to begin the process of applying for my master's degree.  I have my eye on one school in particular, and hope that in the next 12 months I can obtain some scholarships, finalize my application, and start this journey.  


4. Recipe #1 of 2019 - This year I had a goal to learn to cook 24 new recipes.  I tried a few recipes this months that were complete failures, but one recipe turned out amazing.  It's my mother-in-law's Potato Soup Recipe.  Its sooo easy, and have included the recipe below.

Ingredients
- 6 peeled potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- salt
- pepper

Directions
- Start by boiling potatoes until fork tender.
- When potatoes are done, strain out the water and add butter.
- When butter is melted, add flour. Stir gently to make a paste between butter and flour. The paste will coat the potatoes.
- Add Milk.
- Gently stir. Allow the pot to boil. When it reaches boil, turn down to simmer.
- Simmer on low till soup thickens.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.


5. Winter Playlist - I am kicking off the new year with some new pop and Americana music that I have really been enjoying this year.  Hope you enjoy! 


Have a great weekend friends!!!

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig