Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

This Christmas

Christmas 2019 is in the books.  We celebrated all our favorite traditions and really enjoyed a lot of time with family.  Christmas is truly my favorite time of year, and Christmas Day is hands down my favorite day each year.  

Here are the top 7 reasons why I love this holiday season so much:
1.  Life Slows Down
I know the hustle and bustle of the season can be overwhelming, but for me I live for December 23 - January 5 when life gets a little quieter in my little world.  I typically take off some time around Christmas (this year I took 2 full weeks), and I just enjoy the holidays, spending time with family and friends, and just simply relaxing.  It truly resets my soul as I prepare for a new year. 

2.  Decorating by Thanksgiving 
We begin decorating our house about 10 days before Thanksgiving and my goal is to have the house full decorated by the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, so on Thanksgiving morning everything is decorated for the holidays.  

White Christmas
3. Christmas Movies
Matt and I love watching Christmas Movies.  This year we watched:
  • Christmas Vacation 
  • White Christmas
  • Holiday Inn 
  • Garfield's Christmas
  • Miracle on 34th Street
  • Its a Wonderful Life 
  • Elf 
  • Christmas Store 
  • And I watched 40 new Hallmark Christmas Movies this year too.  LOL!! 

4. Christmas Cards 
I honestly debated this year about not sending Christmas cards, but a week before Christmas I couldn't stand it and got a few sent out before the Holiday.  I am not sure why I almost forgot to send cards this year, but for some reason I really had to talk myself into it. 

5. Food (and lots of it)
There is something very comforting about holiday food, but I have truly enjoyed my fair share of ham, turkey, dressing, casseroles, salads, and everything in between.  I finished up our leftovers yesterday, and happy to get back to eating "normal" food again.

Little Bit Davis - We love being her aunt and uncle!
6. Christmas Day 
Christmas morning is simply the best.  My mom and dad come over to our house, and we cook a BIG breakfast and open gifts.  I love being able to do this with my mom, dad, and Matt, and we just have a great time the four of us laughing and spending time together.  (This year, mom was a little under the weather so our time was cut a little short, but I am still so thankful for the time we had together.) Christmas afternoon/night is spent at the Davis House with Matt's family.  We have a huge Christmas Dinner, followed by opening more presents and then spending some much needed time together.  We are all exhausted by the end of the day, but its from all the sweet memories, love, good food, and laughter from the entire day. 

I truly enjoyed the She Reads Truth Advent Study this December

7. Celebrating Jesus
The decor, presents, and food are a lot of fun, but the reason I love Christmas so much is that I love how we slow down to reflect on the true reason for Christmas.  That we celebrate the birth of Jesus and what He did for us as believers.  He is our true hope, and I am so thankful for this holiday as it reminds me to truly stop and worship our Savior. 

Merry Christmas Friends





No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig