Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Christmas 2018 Recap


Christmas this year was so much fun!  I had a blast celebrating with family and friends leading into Christmas, and Christmas Day was absolutely incredible.  Since Christmas, I have been enjoying a LONG Christmas break.  I have to be honest and admit I have been a little lazy for a few days, but after the hectic December I was ready for a few days of doing NOTHING. 

I’m one of those people that wholeheartedly enjoys every season and holiday, but there’s that extra special meaning about Christmas that makes it so beloved. 

Christmas Weekend Recap 

Starting off on Saturday, December 22, I hosted my dad's side of the family.  Growing up I always spent so much time with my dad's sisters (my aunts) and their families, but as I've gotten gotten older I find that we all are going in 100 directions, and never find time to slow down and enjoy time together.  Last year, I started hosting a Family Christmas Dinner a few days before Christmas, and everyone seemed to really love it.  So, I hosted the dinner again this year.

The Malone Family!

My Dad, Aunt Shelby, Aunt Vickie, and Aunt Mary Lou

First Cousins Reunit
We were only missing cousin Leslie 

My childhood best friend and first cousin, Miranda

We had a great time, and I just love catching up with my aunts, uncles, first cousins, and all of our family.  We were only missing a few people, and I really hope they can join us next year. 

On Sunday, December 23, I headed to church and lunch with some of my closest friends (who are more like family) The Montgomery Family.  We had a great time catching up and spending some precious time together. 


After lunch, I ran a few errands and then came home and relaxed, watched movies, and enjoyed the evening.  (Matt had to work A LOT this holiday season, and he didn't get participate in as many Christmas festivities as he usually does.  But, we made the best out of it, and tried to celebrate the season as much as we could together.)
On Monday, December 24, I got up and prepped all the casseroles I needed to make for Christmas Day, and then we hosted my parents, in-laws, and brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and niece for Christmas Eve dinner.  We grilled steaks and just enjoyed spending time together. 

On Christmas Day, we got up and mom and dad came over to our house.  Dad made us a delicious Christmas Morning Breakfast, followed by unwrapping gifts and spending time together.  Later that afternoon, we headed to my In-Laws House for a traditional Christmas Dinner and opening more presents.  

Davis Family on Christmas Night 

I was so excited to give little bit this present, and she LOVED it!! 

Celebrating Christmas with Little Bit was so special!!  

The four day celebration was so much fun, and I really enjoyed being surrounded by so much family. 

 Christmas Gifts 

Of course, Santa (my parents, in-laws, and Matt) spoiled me rotten this year.  I got so many great things, and thought I would share a few things. 


1. PJ Pants - @Belk; 2. PJs - @JCREW; 3. Home Body book by Joanna Gaines; 4. Lancome Perfume; 5. Cord Holder; 5. Shoes - @JJill; 6. Shoes - @MichaelKhors; 7. Makeup @Lancome; 8. Curling Iron - @T3; 9. Apple Watch 4

I also got a few other books, gift cards, a cell phone case and desk charger, desk top calendar, and several other goodies too. 


Christmas Bucket List Recap  
Finally, I thought I would give an update to my Christmas Bucket List.  

1. Make Christmas Cookies and Goodies - DONE!!  We cooked Crock Pot Candy and Christmas Cookies this holiday season. 

2. Watch a Christmas Play - DONE! My friend Nikki and I saw Elf at the Barter Theatre, and it was hands down one of my favorite plays I've ever seen there.  
3. Decorate a Gingerbread House  - This did not happen.  Hopefully next year.

4. Advent Bible Study - DONE!!  I complete the Joyce Meyer Advent Bible Study.

5. Watch all of our Christmas Movies  - DONE!!  I watched ALL 37 Hallmark Christmas Movies, plus Christmas Vacation, White Christmas, Holiday Inn, Miracle on 34th Street, Elf, The Holiday, Christmas with the Kranks, Meet Me in St. Louis, Garfield's Christmas, Christmas Story, and Its a Wonderful Christmas. 
6. Host Family and Friends in our Home - I hosted my family for Christmas, but we decided to postpone our Friends Christmas Dinner to January, because we were all sooo busy. 
 
7.  Slow Down and Enjoy the Season - DONE!  I found a lot of time this holiday season to slow down and enjoy the Christmas season.  I had a lot of quiet nights and weekend days, and really made sure I didn't feel my life with "too" many things to do, that I couldn't enjoy the holiday. 

I hope y’all had an absolutely wonderful Christmas and are enjoying this slow time of year!  Have a great weekend, see you back here 

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig