Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

39 Things to Do in My 39th Year



Earlier this month I turned 39!!  (Pause....I just have to let that number sync in for a moment.…LOL!)  Its crazy how fast this past year has come and gone and here I am again. I don't think its really sunk in that I am one year away from 40 years old.  And, I am not sure how I should feel about being 39.  I don't "feel" old or anything, but to be honest, I am not sure what I was hoping to "feel" like. Ha!

Life at 39 is kind of what I imagined (amazing family and friends, married, nice home, great job, etc.), but it also looks a lot different than I ever pictured either.

I thought it would be fun to  make a short Bucket List for 39, in hopes that this would help me go into my 40s with momentum and the feeling of accomplishment.

39 Things to Do in My 39th Year

  1. Ride a bike 
  2. Volunteer 
  3. Have teeth professionally whitened
  4. Get a new haircut
  5. Go on a solo drive — windows down, music playing
  6. Have a non-selfie, professional portrait taken
  7. Read 12 books in a year 
  8. Get a massage
  9. Have a house cleaning service come the week of my birthday to clean the house   
  10. Learn how to make bread
  11. Put my feet in the sand 
  12. Write Letters to the Four People Who Have Most Impacted My Life (outside of family)
  13. Invest into a good pair of shoes 
  14. Find a form of exercise I actually like.
  15. Go on a weekend trip to somewhere I've never been. 
  16. Plan a girls trip
  17. Research my family tree
  18. Make a retirement plan
  19. Plan 4 Fun Date Nights with my Hubby (one a quarter)
  20. Continue Family Holiday Traditions
  21. Take a Risk or do Something Unique in my Career
  22. Spend a day with my mom
  23. Spend a day with my dad
  24. Make Journaling a Habit
  25. Enjoy Christmas Traditions
  26. Organize and Declutter House
  27. Add more color to my life (wardrobe, home, etc.)
  28. Make a new friend
  29. Complete a 30 Day Write the Word Challenge
  30. Get my handgun carry permit
  31. Play Golf
  32. Go for an early morning hike
  33. Do a yoga challenge for a month
  34. Weekend trip to a town I've never been
  35. Complete an in-depth Bible Study on a Book of the Bible
  36. Play Tennis
  37. Learn how to meditate
  38. Improve my flexibility
  39. Plan a special 40th Birthday Celebration 
 This week I am working on my 2019 goals, which I cannot wait to share with you soon.  I am really looking forward to my 39th year, and hope its a year that leads to flourishing and growth.


No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig