Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

You Will Be Missed

My Family at my Wedding in 2007. Uncle David is standing on the far left. 
My first memories of my Uncle David began before I was really even old enough to have memories.  He and my Aunt Mary lived behind our house, and I spent day after day running up the hill just wanting to hang out with them, because their house was always the fun house, where lots of talking and life happened.  I also remember him chasing me around my granddaddy's house, hiding in the bushes to scare all his nieces and nephew, and telling me tales upon tales about his childhood (some I even believed for awhile.)

He made my childhood so magical. He made being a kid fun. And, most of all he let us be kids, and didn't try to rush us in growing up.  

He and my aunt eventually moved away when they built their own house just a few miles from where my parents still live.  I again found myself driving up and down their hill and spending many Saturday nights in their downstairs finished basement, catching up, getting advice, and being surrounded with lots of laughter and letting life happen. 

Yesterday we had to say goodbye to my Uncle David, as the cancer became more than he could handle. The last time I saw him, I didn't know if he would know my name, but as I walked in the house and sat down next to him, he looked at me and said "Hello Kimberly."  It melted my heart because I knew that without a miracle, it was the last time I would ever hear him say my name.  

I have been praying hard for the Lord to heal him, but over the weekend I began asking the Lord if it was not His will to heal him, to not let him have to live with all the pain. 

And Sunday afternoon, the Lord called him home.

He went peacefully at home, with just my Aunt Mary by his side.  I know he is pain free right now, and being reunited with those that went before him, including his little brother who I heard all those tales about.  LOL!!  (Inside joke)

Uncle David - Thank you.  Thank you for loving me unconditionally.  Thank you for all the help you gave our family over the years, thank you for loving my Aunt Mary the way you did, and most of all thank you for the memories.  My childhood memories are filled with so many special times with you, and I will never forget the legacy you are leaving our family. 

All my love, 
Kim 

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig