Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

2022 Goals and Word of the Year


Happy New Year My Friends!

I love the start of a new year.  Its a time for new beginnings, new hopes and new dreams.  

On New Year's Eve we took it easy.  I have been fighting a cold all week and I haven't been sleeping well, so I called it an early night.  I actually rested/slept from 8pm - 11:00 a.m.  It felt so good to rest, and I spent the rest of the weekend resting too. I am starting to feel a little better, but taking it easy and getting lots of rest. 

As we start 2022, I thought it would be fun to share my goals for 2022.  I do this from time to time, and thought it would be fun to share this year.  

2022 Goals

1. Spend the first moments of each day with Jesus! 

This year, I am going to continue to follow the She Reads Truth Bible Study. I also plan to use the Val Marie Prayer Journal (my favorite) to capture my gratitude, my prayers, and answers to prayers.

2. Embrace a new healthy habit each month. 

Each month, I want to focus on implementing a new healthy habit in my life.  Things like focusing on sleep, water intake, intermediate fasting, etc. The goal is to end the year with 12 new healthy habits.  

In January, I am focusing on building a healthy sleep routine. Sleep is so important, and I know I have neglected this habit for way too long.

3. Love Matt well. 

I am truly so lucky to have Matt in my life, and I want to show him each day what he means to me.

4. Celebrate Well. 

This is going to be a year FULL of celebration.  From our 15th Wedding Anniversary to me graduating with my MBA.  Its going to be a fun year, and I want to embrace and celebrate all the incredible moments.

5. Create Family and Personal Rhythms 

We have gotten out of the rhythms as a family.  Things like regular dinners with my parents, church on Sundays, indoor tailgate parties for UT games,etc.  I just want to re-establish our family rhythms.

6. Cultivate a Peaceful and Calm Home 

I love creating a home that is restful and peaceful.  One of the ways to do that is to de-clutter our home, and keeping our home clean and organized.  I always love keeping our home in order, and look forward to some big projects this year. 

7. Be a good steward of our finances. 

Matt and I are getting more and more serious about our finances, and I really want us to grow our savings and get more aggressive in our investing too. 

8. Intentionally grow and learn. 

This past year when I started my new job I stopped reading as much as I used to.  This year, I want to be intentional in reading, listening to podcasts, and watching master classes.  

These eight goals lead me to my word of the year.  This word comes after a year of feeling overwhelmed, tired, and exhausted.  I faced a lot of challenges in 2021, but my goal by the end of 2022 is to be filled with energy, joy, and full of life, instead of being so tired.  Therefore, my word of the year and focus for 2022 is:


I am looking forward to what 2022 has in store. 

Kim

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig