Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Annual Year in Review - 2021

 

Its that time of year again.  

If there is anything consistent on this blog, its this end of year post.  I have really fallen off from posting on this blog throughout the year, but I always like working on this post. 

This post helps me remember all the great things that happened throughout the year.  2021 was filled with a lot of growth and challenges; however, one thing remained and that was the Lord's faithfulness.  Even during the hard times, I could find so much to be thankful for in life.  

Here is a peak into this past year:

 

We kicked off the new year with dinner at one of our favorite local restaurants.  I wanted to capture this moment because we were still wearing masks.  Also, I missed being home for New Years Eve because I was in Knoxville with my dad's eye surgery.  So we celebrated the New Year on January 2nd!

Next, we continued to spend many Sunday afternoons at the Davis House.  This was a picture of me and nugget (ie...Easton Henry) in early January.  I don't get many photos of the little man because his sister likes for us to spend all of our time with her (LOL), but one thing I loved about 2021 was watching him grow.

 

February brought snow! I worked from home most of the first part of the year, and the snow was simply the best when I didn't have to get out in it. 

In February we also celebrated my brother-in-law's birthday!  We always love celebrating with these two!


In May we headed to beach with our favorite people.  We had a great time, and it was also the week I accepted a new job! Life seemed to pick up steam after this week.

At the end of May, I worked with an incredible group of Bristol leaders and helped launch a new music initiative.  I got to work with some of my favorite partners and friends, which was bittersweet because this was the last community event I did in my old job. 

In June, I got to celebrate one of my favorite people - Taylor with a tourism marketing award. 

In late June, I took a new job and I haven't looked back. 

In July, one of my life-long friends moved back to the U.S. and we headed to a music event my dad hosted in our hometown. 

 

In July, we also celebrated the 4th of July! As you can see we didn't get any "official" photos, but little bit wanted to be held like a baby before the fireworks.  So Uncle Matt decided to rock her asleep.  She laughed the entire time.  Oh how we love this little girl. 

 

We also celebrated Easton's first birthday!

 

My sister-in-law truly amazes me. She is an awesome mom, daughter, and friend.  

 

This summer, we headed out to dinner at Grace Meadow Kitchen for dinner and a tractor ride.  This picture was taken right before the storm came. We were soaked about 5 minutes after this photo was taken.  LOL!

In September, my college best friend was in town and we spent some time catching up. Loved exploring Downtown Bristol with her! 

 

 I did make it to Rhythm & Roots in September.  And, got to spend some time with this amazing friend.  I am so thankful for this friendship. 

 

In late September, we lost Matt's Dad.  We miss him each and every day, and life hasn't been the same.  We have somehow made it through the holidays, but it was really surreal and hard.  I am so thankful to still have my mother-in-law and my parents, as I don't take for granted those relationships at all. 

 

In October, our organization hosted a multi-state event.  We had a great time showing off all the SWVA has to offer.  This picture includes ARC Federal Co Chair Gayle Manchin, Governor Ralph Northam, and Delegate Will Morefield. 

Meet my work assistant.  This sweet one is going to make me a dog person yet. 

 

I also spent time around the SWVA region getting to know many of our partners and exploring many of the 19 counties.  I have many more to go, but I will get there.  

We celebrated HALLOWEEN with our niece and nephew. 

Somehow in the midst with all the things, I was able to complete five more graduate school classes this year.  I was exhausted 99% of the time, and I took this picture during a lecture at 8:00 p.m. one night when I didn't think I could make it anymore.  I was able to get all As and only have 4 classes to go. I am excited to graduate in 2022! 

 

In November, we headed to White Top to get our Christmas Tree! I love this tradition, and its fun to watch the kids grow year after year.

In December, our team hosted lots of Christmas events.And, these these two ladies are the best!  They have been such a blessing to me this year. Their positive attitudes have carried me through so many hard days.  

We also celebrated my birthday and Emmalyn's birthday too. 

 


 

We started a new tradition too. We added in making Ginger Bread Houses to our Christmas Tradition list.  We will invite brother when he is 4 too!

We celebrated Christmas. This was a picture of Christmas morning right before mom and dad arrived to open presents.  I love our traditions. 

And, I ended the year hanging out with my best friend Tiffany. 

All and all 2021 was a good year, but it did have a lot of challenges.  I grew a lot this year, and looking forward to all 2022 has in store. 



No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig