Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Happy Spring

Hello my friends.  I don't find myself on this little corner of the internet often anymore, but today is a quiet Sunday around our house and thought I would sit down and share some updates on what has been going on since my last post in December.  

I love this time of year. The flowers are beginning to bloom, temperatures are getting warmer, and the speed of life is picking up little by little.  We are officially transitioning back into full life again, as it seems like we are getting ahead of COVID-19 more and more each day.  Matt and I have gotten our vaccines; however, we still wear masks at work, going shopping, running errands, etc. Yet, even with the mask wearing I have noticed recently that life seems to be getting back into a new, yet normal rhythm. Which I like a lot.  

I will admit that 2020 did change me.  It changed all of us.  I really enjoyed not being so over committed, and that I can say no to opportunities or invites and be at peace with it. I learned that I thrive working on my own, and I am a disciplined person when it comes to work.  (Still working on other disciplines in my life...ie working out and eating health...HA!)  

I was reminded that the most important thing to me is family and my small close circle of friends.  I learned that I really enjoy attending church service online, but cannot wait to start going to church in person soon. I also learned that even though I have been going to a contemporary church for the past 18 years, that what I really crave is a traditional service.  I learned that God will help make a way when we want something big enough - like getting my MBA (thank you mom and dad!), and I learned that picking up the phone or sending a card is all when need to do to stay connect to those we love most.  I learned that I actually disagree with a lot of my friends on many different topics, but I love them each so much more than what we disagree on.  I was reminded of God's faithfulness and His sweet love for me each and everyday. Last year was hard, and even though the life lessons I learned were so bittersweet, that I can see goodness in the past year.  

With all that was learned from last year, I also began this year with focus and goals for 2021. Here are a few updates on my goals. 

Be in God's Word Everyday

Since January, I have completed 4 Bible Studies - Faith in Practice, the Book of Esther, the Book of Joshua, and the Book of Mark.  I am currently studying 1 & 2 Thessalonians and then will move onto Colossians and Philemon.  I have been starting each day with bible study, gratitude, and prayer which has been a wonderful way to begin each day.  I am also thinking of taking on an in-depth bible study soon, and believe that study is going to be Beth Moore's Now that Faith Has Come.  This study came out last fall, but I decided to wait to jump in this year. 

Read 20 Books this Year

I have been reading some this year too, but I have to be honest that I have started several books and just cannot seem to finish them.  They lose my attention, and I just cannot get back into them.  However, there are a few books that I have enjoyed this year.  Those include: 

  • Shipped by Angie Hockman
  • That Sounds Fun by Annie F. Downs
  • Laughing Through the Ugly Cry by Dawn Barton 
  • Body Love by Kelly Levique
  • Atomic Habits by James Clear 
  • Get Out of Your Head by Jennie Allien 
  • Share Your Stuff, I'll Go First by Laura Tremaine

I am currently in the middle of Growing Boldly by Emily Ley, and have pre-ordered Michael Hyatt's new book - Win at Work, Succeed at Life.  I cannot wait to read it when its released later this month.

School Days

Going back to graduate school is going well, but I have to admit this semester I am taking all marketing classes so its a little easier than probably any other semester will be.  This summer, I will take an IT class and then another marketing class.  Overall, its going great and I have found that I am actually really disciplined with completing my school work at night too.  I run my life on a tight schedule, and it seems to work for me.  Every day I am reminded how blessed I am to have the opportunity to pursue this goal of mine, and at the rate I am going I will finish in June 2022.

Getting Healthier

Earlier this year, I was really battling a lot of anxiety. This is not something I deal with often, but I knew I needed to pray and ask the Lord how to get control of my emotions and anxious thoughts.  Since the beginning of the year, I have been doing a few things that have helped me a lot. First, I started focusing on my nighttime routine.  Taking time to not only wash my face and brush my teeth, but also to journal at night (I really like the Write the Word Journal) and then use the Calm app to help me sleep.  

Next, in late February I began to really learn about tracking my macros and started working out 5-6 days per week.  I have a program I am following, and I am learning a lot.  Most importantly, I am learning how to appreciate my body, as I am so thankful it can still be active and move whenever I want to move it.  Throughout the past few weeks, I have lost almost all the weight I gained last year during COVID, and I feel so much stronger than I did in January. 


Bringing back our celebrations

We have really been trying to enjoy celebrations this year.  This picture was taken after we celebrated by brother-in-law's birthday.  In addition, we were able to celebrate my Father-in-law's 85th Birthday too, and our family had the best time together.Finally, last weekend, we were able to celebrate Easter.  It was the first time since Christmas Eve 2019 that my parents and in-laws had been together.  It was so nice to catch up and visit, and I am really looking forward to more celebrations this year. 

Life lately is going well, and we are really looking forward to the next few months ahead.  Matt is playing softball this spring, we have a lot of fun things happening at work, and I will complete another class soon. 

I hope the start of your Spring is going well. 

 Hugs, 

 Kim 

 




No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig