Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Thankgul Challenge - Why I Quit Posting Online


At the beginning of October, I had a goal of posting on social media each day something or someone I was thankful for each day; however, after a few days in, those closet to me began to say things like "yeah, I made your list, I was hoping I would" or  "I wondered if I will make your list this month?"

The feedback started coming just two and three days into the Thankful Challenge and continued each day. I was so caught off guard with the feedback, that I knew there was only one thing I could do.  I stopped posting online,because sharing my heart was  not about a popularity contest, it was supposed to be a time to give the Lord glory for all the good things in my life.  

These things include:

- My Relationship with the Lord.  
- Being married to Matt.
- Incredible Parents
- Amazing In-Laws
- A Brother-in-Law, Sis-in-Law, and Niece who mean the world to me. 
- Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins that I don't see enough, but I love with everything in me. 
- An awesome job that awards me so many opportunities, and I'm in awe that I get to make it my carreer. 
- Co-Workers and Work Colleagues that I love working next to each and every day, and many who have become close friends. 
- My tribe:  My closest friends that I am completely transparent with and I trust with my entire heart. They know who they are without me listing each of them, and I am so thankful for them. 
- My home that I pray is a retreat for all that walk inside.  
My health: I have had to fight for my health this year, but as I end the year, I am more disciplined and my health is getting better and better.  
- And, so much more. 


I did relearn something during this month of intentionally being thankful, its that thankful and grateful people are so much more happy and positive, and that it the only way I want to live.  

I hope you had an incredible Thanksgiving, and if you haven't taken time to think about what you are grateful for, I encourage you to do that this weekend.  

Kim

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig