Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Fall Vacation 2016


Our fall vacation was amazing!!  We had such a great time getting away, and enjoying the beach with good friends and lots of sunshine.  I decided before we left to completely unplug from normal life, and I actually uninstalled my work emails and social media alerts (for work accounts) off my phone, so I could totally relax and unwind.  It was sooooo nice, and so glad I did it. 

We spent a week at Navarre Beach on the Florida Panhandle.  If you are looking for a QUIET beach vacation, this is the place to be.  Most days, I left like we had the beach to ourselves, and just simply enjoyed sitting, watching the waves, reading under my umbrella, and just enjoying the rest.  

We ate WAAAAY too much, and we are getting back to healthier eating and workouts this week. LOL!!  

All and all it was an incredible vacation, and can't wait to start planning the next one. 

 Our sweet friends Marisa and Todd take such good care of us.  
I love all the small touches to our beach house.

This is the second time we have vacationed at Navarre Beach, and the fourth summer we have made our way to the Pensacola/Navarre area.  We simply love it, and its worth the 10 hour drive.


 This is our house for the week.  
We love this house, because it has four master bedrooms that all have ocean front views.

My favorite view ALL week! 

 One day during our vacation, Matt and I headed to Destin for a little seafood eating, lots of shopping, and even caught up with our good friends Todd and Marisa for a sunset sailing cruise. 

 Let our sailing adventures begin! 

The sunset was AMAZING!! 

And, did I mention we saw lots and lots of Dolphins.  

I am so incredible blessed to call this amazing lady my friend.  Her love, encouragement, and support truly show me what it means to be a true friend.   

A little blurry, but we loved going with our friends. 

 We ate well.......and that includes Chocolate Nachos from our "afternoon snack" one day!

We even got in a few adult beverages too.  
Of course, mine were the froo-froo kind with little umbrellas.  LOL! 

And, I honestly think Matt ate fried white fish 5 days straight.  
I think he is going to take a little break from fish for a while. 

 We did get to eat at several good places while on vacation.  
These included:  Aloha Grill, California Dreaming, Peg Leg Pete's Harry Ts, Dewey Destins, Shrimp Basket, Crabs, and Shaggy's.  

 We had such a good time with this awesome group.

All and all we had an incredible time.  Lots and lots of relaxation was exactly what we needed. 


Until next time.............................


post signature

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig