Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Don't Wish the Summer Away..........


This weekend, Matt & I headed to our hometown to spend some much needed time with our families for Father's Day.  And, to be honest its one of the best weekends I've had in ages.  It was laid back, simple, and just plan quiet.   

Friday we headed to the Montgomery's House for dinner, which included some of Rene's famous Peanut Butter Pie.  (Matt was in heaven!) We enjoyed spending time with them and just catching up. This was the second Friday in a row that we had dinner with them, and I truly wish it could become our tradition.  Love ending my week with our good friends/second parents! 

Saturday, Matt headed out to play golf and I worked all day.  From 9:30 a.m.  - 4:30 p.m. I don't think I moved from my computer expect twice.  I got A LOT accomplished; however, there is still so much to do.  Sigh...............

Saturday night, my parents, in-laws, and Jamie and Kristy headed to dinner.  We had a wonderful time together, and it was amazing to be surrounded by our family.  Sometimes I wish we lived closer, but I absolutly LOVE Knoxville, and in that case I am glad we are not too far from "home!"  After dinner, we went and hung out with my parents and then over Jamie and Kristy's house to see all "improvements" they had made.  The house looked amazing, and so excited for them to begin their journey together. 

Sunday, I woke up early and headed to my parents house for Father's Day Breakfast and time to catch up with my mom.  The morning was so nice just to chill and talk!  Sunday afternoon was filled with the traditional Davis Lunch, packing, spending time chatting with the fam, and then heading back to Knoxville.  And, like in true Matt and Kim fashion, the moment we got out of the car we went into work mode.  I started laundry, vacuumed the entire house, dusted, cleaned bathrooms, and went to the grocery store, while Matt mowed the lawn.  By 9p.m. our house was organized, I was back working and preparing for the week ahead.  

The weekend was a lot of fun, and I am glad we had the time at home.  However, there was one conversation that I have been playing over in my mind since Saturday.  I was talking to my mother-in-law about wishing July 24 would get here already (that is when all the reports, projects, and the massive pressure that is on my shoulders, will be gone), and she looked at me and said, 

"Don't wish the summer away.  We have been looking forward to summer all year, and now you are wishing time away.  This life moves too fast, and don't wish the days away.  It will be here before you know it,and everything done before you know it."  

And, she was right!  I have been looking forward to July 24 for so long, that I was simply forgetting about life between now and then.  I know these next few weeks are going to be insane, especially with the amount of stress I am feeling from all the deadlines and changes at work; however, I know that my eyes cannot be fixed on the situation they must stay focused on the Lord and HE will carry me through this intense time exceedingly, abundantly better than I could ever do myself! 

Hope this reminder encourages us to take it one day at a time, and not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Have a great week, and hopefully I will be back more often for updates.

post signature

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig