Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Daily Devoions..........My Routine

Over the last few weeks I have received some messages from friends asking me about ideas of daily devotions, and I thought I would share a few ideas of what I am currently doing to help answer those questions.


 1. Joyce Meyer - Battlefield of the Mind
This book is amazing, and I love learning about how discouraging thoughts impact our spiritual lives and how to discern these thoughts in our daily lives.   I can not honestly say that this book is really impacting my life, in such a powerful way! 

2. Beth Moore - 90 Days with Jesus
I have to be honest and say that I have not ever taken the time to study the life of Christ for weeks and weeks.  This 90 Day Devotional is so encouraging, simple, and simple a great way to start each day.  

3 & 4. Jesus Calling and Jesus Today
Jesus Calling has been my GO-TO devotional for nearly 4 years, and I love Sarah Young's newer book, Jesus Today, which is all about Hope and Encouragement.  These devotions are great to read during a lunch break or as you wind down at night. 

Another new concept that I am beginning this year is called S.O.A.P.  I am beginning to use this in my daily prayer journaling. 

The S.O.A.P. Method stands for:
1. S- Write out the scripture passage for the day.
2. O- Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.
3. A- Write down 1-2 applications from the passage.
4. P- Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.

As Christians, we know that the power the Word of God has on our lives is indescribable, and this new way of studying the Word of God is amazing.  I began with my 2 memory verses for 2013, and hoping that eventually this will become part of my every day study!  

In looking ahead, I am considering embarking on John Maxwell's book on goals called, The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live Them & Reach Your Potential.  I saw his interview on Joyce Meyer's show a couple of weeks ago, and it really got me excited.  Maybe I will embark on this book after Easter!! 

I hope these suggestions help you a little, and would love to know what devotions you are doing this winter to keep you growing closer to the Lord.

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig