Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

When I Was A Child.............


Growing up, my dad often worked late, which meant many nights he came home as I was going to bed.  I didn't mind this, because as I went to asleep, I had no fears of anything happening because my daddy was still up and would protect us if anything happened. This thought was a sense of peace for me, as I laid my head on my pillow each night.  I slept soundly, without a fear in this world. 

I hadn't thought of this memory in long time.  However, last night, during my quiet time, I began reading Psalm 91, and the chapter starts by saying:

"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”  (NIV)

OR

"You who sit down in the High God's presence, spend the night in Shaddai's shadow, Say this: "God, you're my refuge."

What a sweet childhood memory and security, as my earthly father would stay up after I went to sleep and that action provided such a peace that all my fears were washed away, and I was safe.  Yet, now as a grown woman, this analogy is still true.  My God desires to protect me, to give me sweet and peaceful sleep.  And, all I have to do is dwell in His presence. 

How do I dwell in the presence of the Lord? I spend alone time with God.  Praying, reading the bible, and quieting myself before Him.  I approach the Lord with reverence, and as I seek His Heart, I feel the Lord reaching out to embrace me, and its in that embrace that I know I am safe from all harm.  Nothing can reach me, I dwell in the Shadow of the Lord, taking refuge in His embrace.  Evil cannot withstand him, and He is my protector and my shield.  He has plans for my life, plans to prosper me and not to harm me.  I stand on His promises (found in the Word of God) and I know and trust in all that He says I am.  

And, this sweet memory of my childhood, sleeping peacefully, is still true today, because my heavenly Father protects me at All times.  As I dwell in His presence, and my ways become His, I know that if God is for us, who can be against us. And, if God promises to protect, then I believe His protection will keep us safe. 

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig