Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Tis the Season......Making a List & Checking It Twice


Thanksgiving is over, Black Friday is in the books, and the Christmas season is Finally here!!  I absolutely love this time of year, and I am looking forward to all the fun things ahead.  My to-do list for the holiday season is overflowing; however, I am ready to get things checked off my list and enjoy this incredible time of year.  Below are my MUST DOs for December:

Christmas Card from 2008

10. Order Christmas Cards, Address, and Mail – Over the years, I try to make our Christmas Cards fun and entertaining, and this year is no exception.  I have a fun idea this year to continue the tradition, and I promise to debut the cards once I’ve mailed them!! 

 Click on the List to Download!

9.  Finish Christmas List – Each year, we buy gifts for the immediate members of our family, and with a house purchase behind us, and lots of decorating that continues, we are scaling back on the quantity of gifts this year, and focusing on the quality.  Which means, I have to get very creative on all the gifts we buy.  I almost have our Christmas Buying “Wish List” complete, and I am hoping to get everyone checked off the list by December 10.Wish me luck!! 

 Peppermint Popcorn

8.  Christmas Goodies – This is first year in our new neighborhood, and I want to give something “small” to my neighbors.  So, I’ve decided to borrow an idea from my friend, Kristy, and make an assortment of desserts for each family.  My goal is to get a complete list of goodies together by December 15, and deliver my goodies the weekend before Christmas.   Do you have any delicious treats you could suggest I make?  (Yes, this means I will be turning into Betty Crocker! – Friends and Family at home are probably laughing at this!!!)


7. Malone Family Get-Together – I am soooo excited for my dad’s family get together.  I haven’t seen many of my cousins in years, and I am excited to spend an evening with those that mean so much to me.  


6.  Find a Charity or Ministry to Help With During the Holidays.  I have already signed up for two shifts to ring the bell for Salvation Army, and hope I can serve in other capacities during this Holiday Season.  


5. Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Side Dishes – I thought by the time I turned 30, I would be making Christmas dinner; however, as 30 and soon 31 will pass, I am still not contributing to our families Christmas dinners.  Therefore, I am determined to fix two side dishes for Christmas Eve Dinner and Christmas Day Lunch.  Again………any yummy ideas……please share. 

4. Holiday Outfits – Every gal loves to look good during the holidays.  Over the next few weeks, I will be posting different outfit ideas I have for the Holidays!!  Loved putting together outfits last year, it really helped me stay organized and look put together, the entire season. 


3. Stocking Stuffers – I absolutely LOVE to buy Stocking Stuffers, and this year is no different.  I love to get out in the hustle and bustle a few days before Christmas and get Matt’s stocking stuffers complete.  Sometimes it’s the little things that make me the most excited.  

2. Christmas Movies at the Tennessee Theatre – Last year, Matt & I were invited to watch “White Christmas” at the historic Tennessee Theatre in downtown Knoxville.  This year, I am excited they are offering “Miracle on 34th Street” and “It’s a Wonderful Life.”  Hopefully, we will make it to one of those movies.  If not, I may host a movie night and enjoy my favorite Christmas movies. 


1.  Christmas Devotional for our Family – I cannot tell you how excited I am that Thomas Nelson publishing is beginning a Christmas Devotional from the author of Jesus Calling, Sarah Young.  If you know me at all, you know that I am a HUGE fan of this daily devotional, that has CHANGED MY LIFE, and that this news is huge.  This Christmas Devotional is FREE, and you can sign up by clicking the following Link: http://www.facebook.com/JesusCalling?sk=app_190322544333196

Hope you enjoyed my Christmas “MUST-DO” list.  I did this post for fun, but also get keep me organized.  Will keep you posted on the progress.

Have a great Monday, and a blessed week!!

1 comment

Unknown said...

I just downloaded "Jesus Calling" on my new Nook {early Christmas present :)} I am so excited to ready it! Love your list, mine is very similar! Can't wait to see what you get done and how awesome it is!


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig