Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Hot Casserole!

Growing up, my family often attend lunches and dinners at our church.  We called them "covered-dish dinners," and they ranged from casseroles to breakfast foods to homemade ice cream.  I have so many found memories of the "covered dish" dinners, and I remember my mom always making things from scratch in our kitchen to take.  

Over the years, I have become more "grown up" as I have contributed items to our church functions.  However, most of time it consisted of bakery goodies from local places and maybe a homemade dip or two.  That was until today...................yup, you guessed it.  The time has come that the ladies at church asked if I could bring a "hot non-sweet" casserole.  I haven't made many casseroles, because my hubby is not a casserole type eater.  However, I knew that as I got older this time would finally be here. 

So, I did what I always do, ask one of the best cooks I know for a recipe.  She even took me to the food store and helped me pick out the items.  I came home, put everything together, popped in the oven, and took it to church this morning, for my first "casserole" contribution. 

I truly felt like I was "officially" in, with my contribution.  Ha!!  I love the ladies I attend church with; however, I had never contributed a HOT Casserole.  I had an awesome bakery dish (THANK YOU WEDDING PRESENT), and I was good to go. 

The result............ALL GONE.  Everyone LOVED the Hashbrown Casserole, and thank you to my good friend, Laney for sharing her amazing recipe. 

Here is the Recipe:
Topping (Mix Together and Place on Top of Casserole)
  • 2 Cups of Corn Flakes
  • 1/2 Cup of better melted
     
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 11 x 14 baking dish with cooking spray.
    Mix the above ingredients together, place in prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until brown on top.
Yup..........I am growing up.  And, I think I like it!  

Have a great weekend!

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig