Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Weekend Recap..........& Wife Update


This weekend was soooo nice.  Friday evening, Matt and I spent the evening in with a low-key dinner and a little packing.  Saturday morning, I got up early and headed to Dunkin Donuts for coffee and doughnut holes for my "pasrty choice" for our women's ministry event.  I serve alongside seven incredible women on the Women's Leadership team, and we always arrive early to set up and catch up with one another.  We hosted our bi-monthly Conversations, and by 12:30 p.m. I was back home and said bye to my hubby as he left for work.  I wasn't feeling the best, so I laid down and took a 3 hour nap, when I woke up I got ready and met Matt for dinner.  Since he was working, he only got an hour; however,  I just loved spending time with him. 


Sunday was a very relaxing day.  I spent much of the day reading and even found time to exercise.  Sunday night I headed to church to serve on the greeting team, and then headed into 3rd service.  After church, I ran a few errands, and then home for a little catch up with Matt, and finished the evening talking with my parents and close friends.  (The perfect way to end a GREAT weekend!!)

All in all the weekend was sooooo nice.  Just what I needed before this week gets going.  We are hoping to finalize a few things with our soon-to-be house, and also hoping to get everything ready to take home for the family yard sale.  



In other thoughts, during my quiet time this weekend, I began thinking about what it means to me to be a wife.  I can remember growing up and dreaming about the day I would be married and have a home and family of my own.  And, to be honest being married is such a blessing, and by far the best thing that has ever happened to me.  

I have an incredible husband, who I love more than words can express.  And, with each passing year things get better and better.  I have loved our "home" that we have had for the past 4 years, and I am honored and humbled that the Lord is so faithful in His love for us. 

Yet, lately the Holy Spirit has confronted me that I have not been focused on being a wife. My life has been more about work, ministry, community service, and not enough about being an incredible wife to my husband.  And, even though I am blessed to with a wonderful marriage, that I have taken for granted the blessing the Lord has given me.  The Lord prompted me to  study and reflect on what His word says about being a Godly/Noble Wife.  So, after much prayer, I have decided to spend the next seven (7) weeks praying, studying, and focusing on this role.  And, there is no better time than the present to kick-off this journey. So here goes:

Week #1  of 7: 
Being a Godly Wife Means -  Pursuing an Ongoing, Personal Relationship with Jesus Christ.

The most important role of a Godly Wife is making our relationship with the Lord our number one priority. Taking time each day to spend time with the Lord, studying His Word, Praying, and Communicate with Him. This will allow us to be a blessing to our husbands, our families, our friends, etc. Here are some goals I have to encourage me to spend more time with the Lord:
  • Find time, preferably in the morning, to spend at least 30 minutes with the Lord.  During this time I will pray, read the Word, meditate on His Word, worship, and simply spend uninterrupted time in the presence of the Lord. 
  • Get still and quiet. The Bible says in Psalm 46:10, “Be still, and know that I am God.” Focusing my mind on Him. Recognizing His presence. 
  • Expectancy. Coming before God with anticipation, expecting to have a good time of fellowship and receive a blessing of His presence.  This is what David expected: “O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you” (Psalm 63:1; see also Psalm 42:1).
  • Write in my prayer journal, and truly focus on the needs of my husband and I, and where the Lord is leading us during this time in our marriage. 
  • Also, spending time lifting up the prayer request of our family and friends.
  • Using time in my car and office to listen to praise and worship music.  This will allow me to stay focused on the Lord, and being aware of His presence in my life throughout the day. 
As I kick off this seven week challenge to recharge my role as a wife,  I am excited to experience where the Lord takes me and my husband.  The scriptures I am focused on this week are Proverbs 31:10-12.  

Have a blessed week, and please let me know if you have any advice on making time to spend time with the Lord.

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig