Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

A Day in the Life...............

 
Good Wednesday Friends!!  Hope your week is off to a great start, and lets celebrate that the weekend is right around the corner.  My days off are literally filled with packing, and getting our home ready for the move is top priority.    Other than packing, life is just busy.  

In this week's What I am Love'n Wednesday, I thought I would talk a little bit about my career, which I am absolutely blessed to be doing in this economy.  I love public relations and communications work, and with so many of my blog friends writing  "Day in the Life" post, I thought I would do the same.  So, its simple this week..............What I'm Love'n will highlight my typical work day!!


Today my day looked like this:

6:00 a.m.  Alarm goes off, and of course I hit SNOOZE.

6:15 a.m.  Finally get out of bed, and hit the shower.

6:25 a.m.  Out of Shower, Make-up, and Put Hair in Rollers (Yes, I STILL hot roll my hair every day.)

6:50 a.m. Flip on Local News to catch up on headlines, weather, and traffic; grab and read newspaper, and eat a protein bar, banana, and water; turn on work computer.

7:00 a.m.    Check work emails, respond to several media requests, write a press release, and send a media alert about highlights for an event in town.

7:40 a.m.  Finish working, turn on National News (Headline News....Gotta Love It), Get Dressed, Fix Hair, and head out the door.

8:00 a.m.  Stop and get gas, pick up diet coke, head to work. 

8:30 a.m. Stop by Convention Center to drop of a few items for event, attend opening ceremonies for the event, meet up with my marketing team co-workers and shoot video for several vlogs we are working on for the event. 

9:15 a.m. Head to office; return voicemails; pick up office mail, and download pics from Opening Ceremonies.

9:30 a.m.  Write another Press Release, which includes pics from the event, proof all press releases, return emails, send press releases, and pitch story ideas to several media producers and reporters.

10:30 a.m.  Arrange media interview for Saturday morning, work on new project that I have been asked to complete by EOB, finish weekly E-blast that is sent on Thursday, and take call from Freelance Writer who traveled to Knoxville this Spring and gives me GREAT news that her story has been picked up my MAJOR magazine.  Woohoo!!  Makes my morning.

11:30 a.m.  Finish project, and begin making copies of a helpful sheet needed for Event.  (I usually have interns; however, they are ALL helping with event and I am on my own today.)  Check Twitter and Facebook, and respond to any messages. 

12:00 p.m.  Head to lunch.  (Need a little breathier today.........)

1:00 p.m.  Review report that is due in two weeks, and begin updating figures.

1:30 p.m.  Head back to Convention Center to handle on-air TV interview, and to coordinate newspaper interview with event organizers.

3:00 p.m. Return back to office, return emails and phone calls, finish working on Media Report.

3:30 p.m.  Meeting at office about upcoming event.

5:00 p.m.  Meeting finished.  Return emails and phone calls, and schedule early morning TV appearence to promote event.  (Have to be up and at the station no later than 5:45 A.M. on Thursday AM. )

6:15 p.m. Leave work, head home, call parents on drive home.

6:40 p.m. Arrive home, catch up with hubby, and head to dinner with hubby to meet a good friend.

7:00 p.m. Dinner.........so much fun, & so needed it after hectic day.

9:30 p.m. Back home, going to put off packing tonight, wash face, brush teeth, and change into PJs.

10:00 p.m.  Chill out.  Watch a little DVR, work on blog, work on personal emails, watch evening local and national news, and get ready for bed.

Midnight  - Head to bed.  Alarm will go off tomorrow at 4:30 a.m.  for another crazy, busy day!!

So there you have it.  My "day in the life".  I love doing posts like this one, because its always fun to look back over the years and see what filled my days.  Ha!!  Have a great rest of the week, and I hope you are Love'n your day-to-day life. 

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig