Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

5 Down 61 to Go........

I am excited to say that I finished reading and studying another book of the Bible last week. I finished the fifth and final book of Moses, and when I closed the pages of Deuteronomy I was excited to finish another 'love letter'; however, I was a little sad to read Moses' last sermon. I just can't imagine his thoughts, because while he was preaching his last sermon, his congregation was already planning to rebel, and that was before he died, they would go against everything he said. I just cannot comprehend what his heart must have felt. And, yet, he has such an UNSHAKABLE FAITH.

Deuteronomy ends just like Numbers with the Israelites poised near the banks of the Jordan River with the promised land in sight. The Lord has taken Moses body, and Joshua is getting ready to lead His People into the Promise Land. The wanderings in the desert have come to an end, and the people are preparing for their next big move - the conquest of the land. Yet, the story found in the middle is truly a story of the Lord teaching us how to be faithful and unmoving.

The Overall Theme of Deuteronomy: "God is faithful to faithless people. He always keeps his Word. Believe that through whatever happens and He will draw you closer and closer to Him."

Lessons I took from Deuteronomy:
  • My spiritual journey may be lengthy, and you may face pain, discouragement, and difficulties. But remember that God isn't just trying to keep you alive. He wants to prepare you to live in service and devotion to Him.
  • Examine myself daily to make sure I'm giving God first place in my life
  • What does God expect from us? 1) Fear God (Respect God for Who He Is); 2) Walk in His ways (Follow God where He Leads); 3) Love Him; 4) Serve Him with all your heart and soul; 5) Observe his commands (Obey every command He gives).
  • Obey and He will protect.
  • There is no one like the people of God. He wants demons to tremble and cower over me.(and you).
These were my take-aways from the 5th Book of the Bible. This journey I am on this year is just amazing. Lots of things are changing in my life, and I know that my God has mighty plans just ahead for me. As we celebrate Sunday, I wanted to share a worship song that I heard a few days ago that I just can't seem to keep the chorus out of my head:

Our God Is Greater, Our God is Stronger
God You are Higher than Any Other
Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power
Our God

And if Our God is for Us, then who could ever Stop Us
And if our God is with Us, then what Could Stand Against
(This is the part that has been my prayer today)





Have a Blessed Sunday. And, my prayer today is that the Lord break our hearts for what breaks His.

Love You!!

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig