Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

I'm Surviving.........



Good Saturday Afternoon. Whew - What a Week!!! After working 12-14 hour days this week I was definitely ready for the weekend. As many of you know, I had two grants due yesterday, and I am always a little on edge with my writing and editing during Grant Season. However, when all was said and done, I was pleased with the outcome of the grant. Now, I'll have to wait 3 months to see if we receive any funds from my hard work. (Keep your fingers crossed!!)

Moving forward, I wanted to write and tell you about the new addition to my life - BOOTCAMP!! Yup, I did it. I wrote last week about signing up, but this week I began the classes. And OH MY GOODNESS, did I get my butt kicked.? Thursday Night was so intense that I could not even chew my dinner. I am soooo not kidding. I ended up making a protein shake and went to bed around 9:30ish. The good news is that I lost 5 pounds in the last 7 days.....WOOHOO!!! I am so pumped. At the beginning of 2009, I lost about 25 pounds and kept it off until December, where with the cold weather and my lack of disciple and motivation, I gained all 25lbs back. I was so mad at myself that it has taken me a couple of months to get my mind focused again.

And, then I found out about Bootcamp. And, WOW! I could not be happier with the challenge. Also, a my good friend Melanie, sent me a great link to a website called MyFitnessPal.com This site is WONDERFUL! It tracks your calories, exercise levels, helps you set goals, and has really motivated me to get back on track. I still have 20lbs to lose to get to where I was a year ago, but my little tracker tells me I'll be there by April 15th. And then, I can focus on the BIG picture, and losing more weight and getting back in-shape.......hopefully before TV Season (aka....all my on-air interviews for the Fair) and my good friend Melanie's Big Day!!

If you have fitness tips I would love to hear. I hope you are having a Great Weekend. I am off to finish cleaning our home, laundry, bible study, and some relaxing.

2 comments

Unknown said...

I will have to check out that site! Good for you! I keep falling off the exercise wagon!! Yea for your grants! Praying everything works out!

KimberlyMDavis said...

Thanks Kate. Hope your doing well. Have a wonderful Sunday.


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig