Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Insecurity

I ran out on Tuesday and eagerly bought Beth Moore's New Book, So Long Insecurity. I am a huge fan of Beth's Bible Study and also a follower on her LPM blog. Many may call me a Siesta. For months in our Tuesday Night Bible Study and on the LPM blog there has been lots of talk about the new book and I was so excited on Tuesday, that I almost skipped through the doors of Cedar Springs Christian Bookstore just to be one of the first to get a copy.

When I got home that evening, I sat down to read the introduction and flip through the book, and that's when it came to me..."Am I really Insecure?" I battled through this thought for a good hour as I began reading the acknowledgments, intros, and Chapter 1. I ended up putting the book down, unable to understand the idea of Insecurity. Odd thought...huh?

I know it sounds odd to some; however, throughout my life I have always been encouraged to Believe In Myself, Love the Person the Lord Made Me, Never Doubt the Lord is Always In Control. Insecurity was never an option for me....or was it?

Since Tuesday, I have been asking the Lord to reveal to me different areas of my life that cause me to be insecure. I truly felt a pride issue coming into my spirit as I began to list all the ways I was NOT insecure. The Holy Spirit sweetly encouraged me to put away my pride and really take a good look into the mirror of who I really am. And that freedom has opened my eyes to so much.

I know I am not ready to share, publicly, the areas of my life that the Lord is revealing to me that insecurity plans into my life. However, now I am ready to join with the Lord and begin tackling this battle in my life and hope to share a little part of that journey with you as I venture out on this new path.

Our God is so patient isn't he? He loves you and I so much that He sweetly opens our eyes to things that draw us away from him. One of my favorite scriptures is Psalms 103:8 "The LORD is merciful! He is kind and patient, and his love never fails" (CEV)

God is opening my eyes to insecurities that have held me back from what He is calling me to do and who He is calling me to become. As one of my favorite worship songs states "Its Your Love that Saves Me, Your Blood that has Claimed Me." Thank You, dear Jesus, for Saving Me and Claiming Me as Your Child.




2 comments

Suzanne Stambaugh said...

Hi Kim!
I got the Beth Moore book too and am glad to hear you are reading it too. I think it is a profound topic as insecurity can sneak up on all of us in so many ways.
Hope all is well with you dear friend! I miss you! We should get together sometime soon! :)
Suzanne Stambaugh

KimberlyMDavis said...

Suzanne, It is so great to hear from you. We should get together soon and catch up and maybe discuss the book. Miss you so very much too. Happy Superbowl!!!


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig