Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

A New Coach........A New Era

Much of the discussion around water coolers, telephone chats, dinners, and any down time has been who is going to be the new coach at the University of Tennessee. Matt and I are both Alumni of UTK, and you will never meet two more loyal and supportive fans as we are.

I often tease that my blood runs orange. There was never a doubt where I would attend college. I actually did not know there were other colleges out there until my sophomore year of college at UTK when I visited UVA to attend a leadership conference. I was amazed that other students would attend any other school than Tennessee........HA!!

Tonight, our whirlwind search for a new coach ended as Tennessee hired Derek Dooley of Louisiana Tech.




As Knoxville and the entire State of Tennessee welcomed our 22 Football Coach, I couldn't help but take a moment and say a prayer for the new coach, his family, his former school, and the entire athletic department that surrounds him. Being a head coach at Tennessee, is a spotlight job, and your job and decisions are in front of everyone being judged and discussed. My prayer is that he leads our Team, School, and Community with integrity and discipline. And that the Lord will use Him in mighty ways.

Wow........what a week!!!! Full of emotion, frustration, discussion, and finally..........Welcome Coach Dooley.

Have a blessed Night.

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig