Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

24 in 2009 - #12

Time to memorize another scripture!
This is officially the 12th verse of the year.
How amazing to actually keep with a resolution.
So, here is my verse for the 15th of June

"Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed." (Psalm 16:3 NLT)

My thoughts sometimes get away from me. Before I know what has happened, I will have beaten myself up, saying things such as, Why did you do that?, Why did you say that?, You will never succeed, You are lazy and will never look the way you desire. Etc., Etc., Etc.

As I spent time this morning in prayer and going through my Summer Bible Study, I asked the Lord, "Will I ever have peace in my thinking? Will I always beat myself up over the little things in life?" To be honest, I am truly exhausted by my own thoughts and worries. Yet, I desire to get FREEDOM in my thoughts, which leads to peace, hope, and most of VICTORY!

I came across Psalm 16:3, and the NLT just jumped off the page at me, "Commit your actions to the Lord,and your plans will succeed." I quickly knew the Lord was inviting me to commit my thoughts to Him. God knows my needs, and I knew God's Spirit would grant me control.

As I continued to study the Word, I realized the change begins with my awareness and commitment to give the Lord my thoughts.

My solution:
One Word, One Thought at a time - and I have to tell my soul to rely on God's Word more than my own words. And in return, the Lord will take my actions and bring Victory! And thats something to work towards! PTL.

-Kim


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig