Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

When life slows down - 2020 Year in Review

Each year, no matter how much I blog (or don't blog), I always enjoy doing a year in review post to capture key moments from the past 12 months.  This year, however, has been a doozy.  Definitely one of the most challenging years of my life. All of the sickness, fear, and death from COVID-19, followed by so many changes in our day-to-day lives, intense work stress, not knowing what is coming next, and not being able to shake hands or hug anyone has been incredible hard. 
 
Its been 10 months since my last blog post.  I look back at my last post in February 29th and know I didn't have a clue on what was coming our way in March.  2020 has been a doozy, but I am so thankful for my health and the health of my family and friends.

I honestly haven't taken much time to look back and process what all has happened, because we are still in the middle of this pandemic of COVID-19.  However, I did want to share a few highlights 2020.
 

Kicked off the new year with a fun NYE dinner with my brother-in-law, sis-in-law, and niece.  
We had such excitement for 2020! Little did we know.

I am so thankful we got to celebrate my good friend Nikki's 40th birthday in January. 

Matt and I headed to a fun Valentine's night out with Jamie and Kristy. 
It was nice hanging out just the four of us. 

This was the LAST work "meeting" I attended on March 12, 2020.
So I thought it deserved a photo.  LOL! 

On March 14, I was asked to speak at the Queen of Hearts Gala, 
and that was the last time I had a public speaking engagement this year. 
 
The day we closed the Museum, our team taped a series of videos 
that we used the launch our "museum at home" series, which was a great hit.  
I am so thankful for forward thinking and planning that set us up for success. 

I "attempted" to make exercise a priority, 
but that was short lived as the stress from the year played havoc on my body. 

This screen shot is priceless to me, 
because this is how we communicated with our niece for months. 

My faith has also really grown this year.  I have completed 11 bible studies and truly appreciated the peace the Lord has shown me during each of these study.  Here is a list of bible studies for 2020:

  • The book of Daniel 
  • The Presence of God
  • The book of Ephesians 
  • Psalm 119
  • Men and Women in the New Testament 
  • The Book of Ecclesiastes
  • Promises of God 
  • The books of 1, 2, & 3 John 
  • Lent 2020 Study
  • The book of Philippians
  • The book Genesis
In May, we headed to the beach for a week.  
It was quieter than usual, but we really enjoyed our time away.
 
In June, when businesses reopened, we were finally reunited with Little Bit Davis (and her parents).


Our team worked relentlessly to work on plans for alternative music events throughout the summer and fall, but in the end decided to wait until 2021 to pursue these efforts. 

We filmed a lot of "stay safe" videos to encourage safe travel to the museum. 

We celebrated the upcoming arrival of our nephew with a fun drive through baby shower.
 

In July, Easton Henry Davis was born and he is the sweetest baby. 

Of course, I spent lots of time with Little Bit this summer as she grew into her new role as "big sister" 
 

In August, I deleted 5 social media icons from my phone and I felt FREEDOM.  I was feeling so disconnected to life, yet I was connected to the world 100% of the time. The social media break was amazing, and truly helped me see life through my own eyes again.
 
 
 
During the social media break, I decided (with my parents encouragement) to go to grad school and get my MBA!!  Staying in the SEC family, and should be done in the summer of 2022.
I've completed by first semester, and ready to take on the rest of the program.

Celebrated Halloween with Little Bit and Nugget

We also headed back to White Top to cut our Christmas Tree(s)!
I love this picture of Nugget and Matt. 


We celebrated the holidays with a White Christmas. 
Which was truly magical. 
We watched all our favorite Christmas movies, celebrated with family, and enjoyed the season.

White Christmas

Additionally this year, I read several great books including:

Fiction

Non Fiction 

This year didn't go as planned, but looking back over these past 12 months I am encouraged with all that did happen.  Focusing on the positive like creating new family traditions, getting the chance to slow down, and even stepping away from social and all the demands of every day life are things that I really enjoyed about 2020.   Here is hoping (and praying) for a much more "normal" year in 2021. 

Love, 

Kim

 


No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig