Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

2020 - My Word of the Year!

Graphic Credit
Happy New Year Friends!! I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve no matter how you celebrated.  We headed to dinner with my BIL, SIL, and Little Bit Davis for a fun night of catching up, laughing, and enjoying time together. We got home a few hours before midnight and we just chilled around the house, watched the ball drop, and simply relaxed.  It was a great night.

I love ringing in the year with my husband and our family!


I just love January 1st.  Its a day filled with hope, possibility, and dreams.  Each year, I take time to do Cultivate What Matters' Powersheets and part of the progress is selecting a word of the year.  I thought going into the planning portion of the Powersheets that I knew what my word would be, but as I moved closer to selecting a word it became clear that another word was more suited for my goals and vision for 2020.

This year my goals are not grand or over the top.  This year, I really want to become really consistent in the smaller disciplines in life.  I want to eat cleaner, workout more, spending time investing into relationships, spend more time studying the Word of God, and overall improve the day-to-day habits of my life. 

So it become clear that the word I want to focus on in 2020 is NOURISH!


I want to be able to nourish my body with healthier food choices, more physical activity, and more rest.  Nourish my soul with in-depth bible studies, church involvement, and overall drawing closer to the Lord.  Nourish relationships by investing more time and love into those I love the most.  And, most of all nourishing the areas that have been neglected to help me become the best version of myself. 

So there you have it my word of the year. I would absolutely LOVE to hear your word of the year if you do something similar, or write a comment with a few of your 2020 goals that you’ve made a note to conquer. 

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig