Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

#1 Goal for 2018

In 2018, I have 10 major goals.  I know that is A LOT, but after a lot of thinking, praying, and planning I settled on 10 goals that if I can accomplish will really impact my life. 

The first goal (and the most important one) is to Be intentional in growing closer to the Lord. 

Over the past 15 years, my relationship the Lord has really grown and flourished; however, at the end of 2017 I felt like I was only going through the motions in my on again, off again quiet times with Jesus.   I couldn't find the words when I prayed, I didn't find the Bible engaging, and my spirit just felt FLAT.  

As I began to pray about how to grow closer to the Lord, I remembered a verse (James 4:8) that says, "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you."  So, I know if I take time and begin really getting intentional about being closer to the Lord that He will draw closer to me.  I truly desire to walk closer with the Lord, to be led by the Holy Spirit, and to to love others like He loves us. 


So, with my most important goal of 2018, Be intentional in growing closer to the Lord, I know I have to drill that down into smaller/mini-goals. Here are my three micro-goals to help me accomplish my overall goal.

Read the bible chronological order in 2018. 
Last year, one of my favorite social influencers and small business mavens, Lara Casey took on this goal and I loved watching her faith flourish throughout the entire year.  She inspired me to take on this goal in 2018.  So, for the past eight days I have started my day with the Bible App's Chronological reading plan and I am already feeling so connected with the Lord through His Word.  I also took Lara's advice and put the audio speed at 1.5x to help the narration keep my attention.  It took a day or so to get used to, but now its the perfect speed.  


Be disciplined in my morning quiet time. 
Waking up a little earlier each day to spend time in the Word.  My 2018 quiet routine involves:
Then on the way to work I listen to worship music and pray for the day ahead. 

Taking time to be intentional in starting my day with the Lord is already uplifting my soul so much, and I cannot wait to see the journey He takes me on this year. 
 
Attend church every week. 
Now this BIG mini-goal is going to be a little bit of a challenge, because Matt and I do not have a home church at this time.  And, throughout my life I have found myself in this same situation two time before, and each time the Lord has always richly blessed me with finding a church I can serve, be encouraged, and become friends with a lot of the members.  

These seasons in life where I was looking for a new church took place when I came home from college and when I moved to Knoxville after we got married.  And, both times the Lord placed me in a place where I could grow, serve, and flourish.  Now that we are living back in our home town, I am praying we find a church that is closer to our home so we can be more involved and meet new friends. I know the Lord will place us in the right church, I just know He will, and the only way to make that happen is to actually get up, go to a church, and visit different churches.  

Outside of my three micro goals, I also have a few mini-goals to help me grow closer to the Lord.   
  • Create a worship playlist (I will add songs to this list throughout the year.)
  • Be intentional in taking a true Sabbath day (resting and reflecting one day a week)
  • Become more neighborly (get to know my neighbors)
  • Do 2 to 4 (depending on length) in-depth bible studies this year, studying different books of the bible. 
  • Read 1 to 2 Faith Focused Books

I hope you enjoyed the breakdown of my number one goal for 2018.  I hope to share the other 9 goals and breakdowns on here throughout the year. 

Have a blessed week, 

Kim



No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig