Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

My Saturday Routine

Image Credit

Happy February 29 my friends!!  This day only comes every four (4) years so I thought I would stop on here and say hello, good morning, and Happy February 29. 

Life lately has been a little slow, full of routine and rhythms and I LOVE IT!! 

For today's post I thought it would be fun to share my Saturday Routine.  A couple of weeks ago I was on the phone with a friend and she had mentioned that she was no longer using someone to clean her house, and I quickly responded "Well, that is a good thing."  She said, "It is?" I laughed and explained my view on cleaning my house.  You see, for me I believe that cleaning my own house is so good for me personally. It helps me stay balanced, it allows me to reflect on the blessings the Lord has given me, and keeps me grounded as a wife.

Now before we go any further, please know that I am not judging ANYONE who having someone clean your house.  I know each family has there own needs, demands, and commitments, and I have several friends who make a living at cleaning homes.  This post is just to talk about why for me personally cleaning our house is good for me and our family.

Okay, back to the post!  Saturdays is officially the day of the week that I use to RESET.  Growing up it was almost always the day that my mom did housework and my dad worked in the yard and washed cars.  Some of my favorite childhood memories are rooted in Saturday routines.  So when I got older and moved out, I found myself making Saturdays a day I stayed home, cleaned, and reset for the week ahead.  Then when I got married I wanted to do the same.  But something happened.  Life happened.  My job became more demanding, and my weekdays were filled with so many commitments and meetings that by the time Saturday came around I was exhausted.  Then a few years ago when we bought our first house I noticed something.  I CRAVED a Saturday Routine.  I craved a day that was focused on family, my home, and resting from the week.

So I created a routine that I follow nearly EVERY week, and let me tell you its so good for me personally and for our marriage.  I am excited to share this routine with you. 

Image Credit
1. Sleep In 
First things first.  I let myself sleep in.  I jokingly say I believe that you can make up for the time you missed sleeping during the week on the weekends.  On Saturdays, I don't set an alarm and just wake up on my own.  Some weeks its 7:00 a.m. and other weeks its 11:00 a.m.  No rush. 


2.  Coffee and Time with Jesus
I love how I make coffee.  I use a frother (thank you to my awesome friend Ryana for introducing me to this gadget), and I make sure to get an extra large cup for the morning. Next I head into our home office and spend some much needed time with the Lord.  I catch up on any bible readings/bible study lessons I missed during the week, I pray and worship, and just drawn out the world. 

3. Powersheets Check In 
Next I open my Powersheets and update for the week and make plans for the week ahead.  
4. Laundry 
Next, I usually will strip our bedding and throw our sheets in the laundry.  Next I gather the bath towels and all of our dirty clothes for the week and make stacks of laundry on our bed.  Throughout the day I wash, dry, fold, and put away our clothes.  By the end of the day all of clothes are clean and ready for the week ahead.

Image Credit
5. Clean Our House One Room at a Time 
Next, I grab my cleaning basket, turn on an audible book or podcast, and start cleaning our house one room at a time.  I straighten the room (putting everything in its place,) dust, vacuum, and mop (if needed).  This takes anywhere from 1 to 3 hours and it feels so good to have a clean home.  When I am finished, I walk through the house, one room at a time, and make sure each room is tidy and then light some candles and just sit back and enjoy our home.

6. Make a Meal Plan for the Week 
As I am sitting down I take time to plan our meals for the week ahead.  I make a meal plan and then a grocery list for errands later in the afternoon.

7. Shower and Get Ready 
Next, I hop in the shower and get ready.

8.  Head out to run errands, grocery shop, etc. 
I head out to run our weekly errands.  I usually end up at a Pet Store, the pharmacy, and the grocery store.  I also use this time to pick up cards and gifts for friends in my life that are having birthdays coming up the following week.  I also always run by the car wash to wash and clean out my car each week.  Having a clean car is important to me, mostly because I want to be a good steward of what I have been blessed with, so this is ALWAYS on the list. 

9. Home - Put up groceries, finish laundry. 
When I get home, I put up the groceries and finish any laundry that may be left.

10. Dinner and Rest
Finally, I fix dinner (or we go out and meet up with friends or family) and then I just rest.  Its a very productive day, but its a day where I focus on our house and making it a home.  Its a day that I hit RESET on life and it feels sooo good. 

I think about how our home looks, smells, and feels so when people come over they feel welcome and at home.  I think about our food, and what Matt and I are going to eat in the days to come.  And, I think about rest.  I love our home and the rest it provides.  I want when Matt comes in the door he can relax, have fun, and leave all the stress outside. (And, please know he does A LOT around the house during the week and helps me clean when he is home.)

There you have it.  My Saturday Routine.  Now as you know life gets in the way and not every Saturday goes this way, but I would say that 85% of my Saturdays look like this and I LOVE IT!

Happy Saturday Friends!! 



1 comment

john ken said...

I have new ideas about window& door Designs, Installation, Replacements and many more.

commercial windows and doors


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig