Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Friday 5 and March Goals



Happy March Friends!!  I am ready for a new month, new possibilities, and new adventures.  I am feeling much, much better and ready to get this month started.  After a sick February, I ready to dive into life again.  This weekend, my plans are fairly low key.  House cleaning, laundry, errands, and relaxing.  Love weekends like this.



I thought it would be fun to kick off the month with a 5 on Friday, and share some things I am loving right now. 


1. Vacation Planning 
I have vacation on my brain lately.  I am ready for some beach time with my hubby and maybe even going with a few other family members too. Anyone else thinking of sand, surf, and ocean yet?  I really hope we can head to the beach in June/July, and then even plan another larger vacation this fall or in December for my BIG birthday.   (Fingers crossed.)


2. New Recipe - Fish Tacos
If you have been on here at all this year, you may know that one of my goals is to learn to cook 24 new recipes in 2019.  I am off to a good start, and have already learned to cook four new recipes.  Which include Potato Soup, Oven Baked Chicken Breast, Chicken Cordon Bleu, and Fish Tacos.

I have loved all of them, but the fish tacos are by far my favorite.  Check out the recipe here.



3.  New Music 
I am loving the new album out by Bethel Music. The new album is inspired by the story of King Jehoshaphat and the unlikely victory won by sending worshipers to the front lines of battle in 2 Chronicles 20:22 "As they began to sing and praise the Lord set an ambush against the men who were invading Judah and they were defeated."


 

4.Smoothies, Smoothies, and more Smoothies
I have been on a smoothie kick over the past few weeks, and have recently found a few new recipes too.  My one question is what is your favorite protein powder?  I have used Shakeology for years, but before I order another bag, I wanted to ask if there are any recommendations on other great protein powders out there that will give me the full nutritional benefits I get from Shakeology? 


5. March Goals
So, to say I have big plans for March is probably an understatement.   I took some time over the past few days to really think through my goals for the month, and thought I would go ahead and share them with you.


I have been doing a lot of thinking of just how much social media and a digital lifestyle really are brainwashing my mind.  I find myself impulse shopping online, or wanting to try a new workout routine or beauty product all because an influencer, whom I really like and admire, tells me about it.  And, I know the only way to stop being so consumed with it all is to just STOP!  But, its so hard, because companies like Facebook, Instagram, and all of our favorite retail shops have built their sites around making the content addicting. 

I decided this past weekend that one of the books I am going to tackle in March is a new book called Digital Minimalism.  I am really looking forward to learning about this concept and finding ways to really break the social media addiction.  Because to be honest, I miss taking time to think, to read, and to just chill without all the noise.


Learn to Cook 2 New Dinners

Plan a Date Day with Matt
Get away for the day, just the two of us. 

Plan Summer Vacation 
I can't wait to start thinking about the sun, fun, and beach.  

Celebrate my Mother-in-Law's Birthday 

Make a plan for Spring Cleaning our Home 
I am leaning towards following Simplified's Ruthless De-clutter Challenge (but will decide soon) on how I want to tackle our spring cleaning and a timeline for the cleaning. 

Work:  Host a special event with filmmaker Ken Burns

Work: Finalize Draft for FY 2019-20 Marketing Plan and Budget   

Work: Close out a grant and submit.


Write the Word Wednesdays 
I love using my Write the Word journal, and always enjoy setting aside a day of the week where I get to write the Word of God and pray. 

Parents Dinner 
Since I haven't been feeling well all year, I have gotten out of the habit of seeing my parents on a regular basis.  So, I really want to get back into the routine of our weekly Parents Date. 

Budget Check In
Matt and I have been using the App from Minted to manage our budget, and need to start doing a weekly review to ensure we stay within our budget.


Bible Reading 
I am reading through the Old Testament this year, and I really like the pace of this plan

Write out AM Routine Each Night
To help bring more discipline in my life, I have decided that before I go to bed each night, I am going to plan out my AM Routine (Bible Study, Workout, Stretching/Yoga, etc.) and write it down.  So all I have to do is wake up and follow the plan.

Write out meal plan each night for next day 
I am also going to write out the next day's meal plan (tweak from my overall meal plan that I make on Saturday). This helps me focus and stay on task.

Meditate 
Meditation is something that I have wanted to get into for awhile, and finally decided to jump in.  I am using the Headspace App and really enjoying it.  I am starting out with 10 minute meditations.  

Finally, my quote for March




Happy March Friends!


No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig