Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

February, You Ain't Cute



Whew!  This month has been rough, and February has not been kind to me.  I have been dealing with sickness for over three weeks, and since I am not one who enjoys slowing down, its been a tough few weeks.  

To be honest, I haven't felt great in about six weeks, and knew I was fighting "something," but didn't know what.  Then last weekend everything came to a head with a diagnosis of bronchitis and an unrelenting cough that just wouldn't give me relief. 

There is something about not feeling well that always leads me to thinking of ways I can take better care of myself and treat my body better.  Does anyone else think this way when your not feeling well?

So after a few days of couch sleeping and coughing non-stop, I decided it was time to get moving on getting my health back.  Below are 4 easy steps I am taking to beat this sickness and come back stronger than before:



1 Take a Time Out 
As I mentioned above, I have been sick for nearly three (3) weeks and my body just kept feeling worse and worse.  Finally, last Friday I came home from work, changed clothes, and pilled up on the couch to rest.  And, that is when I knew I couldn't do it any longer.  I needed to stop pretending I was feeling okay, and actually take care of myself.  I got up Saturday and went to Urgent Care, got some meds, and headed home to rest.I decided it was also best that I take a few days off work, to allow my body to heal, as well as get some much needed rest.   Its been so helpful and I am so thankful I took the time to slow down, decrease the stress, and focus on getting better.

2. Time with Jesus
On Monday, I opened my bible, which I hadn't done in several days.  I got caught up with my Old Testament reading plan (I am reading through the Old Testament in 2019), wrote in my Write the Word Journal, and spent some much needed time in prayer.  Next, I worked on my Powersheets for March, and planned out my goals for the month ahead. 
 
Finally, I filled our home with Worship Music.  Getting my mind and soul back centered on the Lord and not on me has been the best gift from being sick.  Its so easy to get caught up in the "day-to-day" running around that I forget to stop and truly focus on what truly matters, which is my relationship with Christ.  After that, everything always falls back into place. 

3. Clean It Up 
Next, I knew that I needed to be really particular with the foods I was eating and look at what I was drinking too.  I cleaned up my daily nutrition, and have been drinking water non-stop.  I added more fruits and veggies into my diet,  even added a protein smoothie to my daily routine to add some much needed nutrients.  This step is making me feel stronger, and my body is so thankful. 

4. Positive Vibes
With the three prior steps, its forced me to take time and look for the positive.  The positives I quickly realized were the extra quiet time I got to spend with the Lord each day, to take time and recognize the precious family and friends I have around me. I am also very thankful to have the opportunity to STOP when I am sick and take care of myself.

I cannot tell you how much this week has meant to me.  Do I still feel sick?  Yes.  Am I still coughing like crazy? Oh yes.  Am I sleeping well at night?  Not really.  But, my mind, attitude, and outlook have been refreshed, renewed, and I know its exactly what I needed heading into this next month. 
 
Happy Wednesday my friends.  
 
 




No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig