Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

LIfe Lately - First 15 Days of 2018


Life is in full swing in 2018.  Our schedules are back to normal as we try to balance work demands, spending more time with family and friends, and finding time to rest and just enjoy life.

After we returned home from Nashville, where we celebrated New Years, I took an extra day off work to clean the house, catch up on laundry, and run errands - you know all those must do things you don't want to put off.  

ScooterMan David helping me do laundry, and also avoiding Vinnie our self-cleaning Vacuum.
Finally, on January 3rd I headed back to work and the new year hit me with crazy deadlines, more work projects than I can count, and a lot of internal changes which caused a little anxiousness with all the changes, but is working out well so far.  


One exciting thing that happened the first week back to work was I was able to catch up with two of my besties from Leadership Kingsport for a New Years Lunch.  And, they surprised me and came to Bristol for lunch. We had the best time. 


The first weekend of the month led to a lot of rest and taking it easy. I spent time on Sunday, January 7th celebrating Mom's birthday with a small family lunch at our house, and it was so nice to spend time with just my mom and dad and catching up on life.

On Monday, we headed over to Jamie and Kristy's house to watch the National Championship game and spend time with Davis family.  We had a blast, especially spending time with this little one. 

My Sweet Mother-in-Law and Emmalyn
The rest of the week was filled with work, and trying not get sick.  It seems like everyone around me was sick, so I took lots of chewable gummies and prayed I would stay well.



This past weekend was quiet.  We worked around the house and got a few little projects taken care, but mostly we just rested.  We spent some time on Sunday at the Davis House and again cuddling this bundle of joy.  Can you tell our family is so in love with Miss Emmalyn.



Now onto this week.  I kicked off my workout routine this past weekend, and feeling great.  I am also beginning to really clean up my eating by getting rid of sodas and candy, and replacing it with drinking an insane amount of water each day.

Have a great week friends!

Kim 




No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig