Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

five on Friday

Happy June Friends!!  I can't believe this year is almost half way over.  Time....please.... slow down.   This week has been a good week, and even though it was a short work week, with Memorial Day on Monday, its been another crazy busy week.  I am really looking forward to catching my breath a little this weekend, and getting some projects around our house taken care and fitting in some much needed "me" time. 

Hope you enjoy today's five on Friday:

Download this Background HERE.
one. June Shenanigans
WOW.........June is a FULL, FULL month.  I have so many celebrations in our family, friends birthdays, and lots of BIG work projects that this month is PACKED!!  I am hoping this weekend I can take some time to wrap my arms around it all, get the details and plans worked out, and be ready on Monday to tackle this crazy month!!  Its all good stuff, but sometimes I just need to slow down long enough to plan out the details of the good stuff.  :-)


two. Power Sheets 
I kicked off my June Power Sheets yesterday, and to say I need to follow my daily and weekly goals to keep me on track is understatement.  I absolutely LOVE this product, but to make it work I have to work the plan day in and day out.  If you are looking for an effective way to measure your goals, this is an incredible tool.   

Deck Inspiration
three. deck project 
When we bought our house 2 years ago (WOW, how time has flown), we decided to extend the back deck and make it much larger. However, after we built the deck, we decided to let it weather naturally for a couple of years before we stained it.  Well, since two years have come and gone, its now time to stain it, but the problem is that we haven't had 4 straight days without rain since March.  We finally decided to bite the bullet and do the project in stages, so my amazing husband pressure washed the deck and our teak table and chairs this week.  Now, we wait until we have a few days without rain, and we will stain the deck and table & chairs, and then add some planters and lights to finish off the look.  I cannot wait to share the final results soon. 


four. Fruitful Friendships 
I kicked of this study this week, and to say I am excited to really dig into friendships is an understatement.  Since moving home and centering my life around our families, its been hard to find time to really press in and develop deep friendships. Don't get me wrong, I have so many amazing, wonderful friends, but I am truly missing that sense of community and closeness with a group of woman that I can share every day life with.  I am hoping that taking time this summer to dedicate to friendships will prove itself fruitful.  


five. audible 
I finally jumped into the world of audible and trying it out with a 30 day trial.  So far I LOVE IT!!!  The first book I downloaded was The Wellness Project and the second book was The Sacrament of Happy.  I absolutely love being able to listen to these on my commute to and from work each day, and I feel so much more accomplished that I am actually finishing books in a timely manner.  Does anyone else use audible?  Would love to know how and when you listen to books.  

Hope you enjoyed this weeks list, have a great weekend friends.   
post signature

2 comments

Katie said...

Just found your blog via the Friday link-up and you're just adorable! I immediately recreated your summer playlist from a couple of posts back and you inspired me to make a trail mix this weekend :) Happy weekend!

northernblissmn said...

So glad to have found your blog from the linkup! I'm loving your deck set-up. It looks like something off of Pinterest :) Those pillows are gorgeous! Enjoy your weekend!


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig