Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap



Thanksgiving 2016 did not disappoint. The past few days have been filled with family, friends, and lots of much needed rest.  We are officially ready for the holidays, and I've even begun picking up a few gifts too. 

Thanksgiving Day 
We kicked off the holiday weekend on Thursday morning by watching my all time favorite TV Show - The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  I really love the first 30 minutes, before the floats get to Macy's, to watch all the Broadway show.  My favorite this year was Holiday Inn's Musical.


After the parade, I cooked two casseroles, got ready, and we headed to meet our family for lunch at my In-Laws house.  Thanksgiving lunch didn't disappoint, and we had a great time catching up and eating a delicious meal.

Family Christmas Photo

We made it home in time, to change into lounge clothes and get ready for my best friend Tiffany to come over to watch the first part of the Gilmore Girls Revival.  It was awesome hanging out with her, and her sweet friend Brooke, and we made it until 4:30 a.m. before we had to call it a night.



Friday
I woke up around 9:30 a.m. and relaxed and shopped Black Friday sales until Tiffany and Brooke got up and headed home.  Friday afternoon, mom and I headed out for a little Black Friday shopping and then I came home to relax and take it easy.

Saturday
Saturday morning, I got up and headed over to my parents house to help assist with a little clean up as they go through a major remodel project.  I got home around 4ish, took a shower, and then took a 2 hour nap.  I was back in bed by 11p.m. and slept another 9 hours.  I must have been tired.

Sunday
Sunday brought another day of relaxing.  I did do a little online shopping, and then ran to the store to pick up groceries for the week.  After that, I cooked dinner and relaxed the rest of the night catching up on Hallmark movies. 

All and all this long weekend was perfect and relaxing.  Its exactly what I needed to get me prepared for the Holiday Season.

Looking forward to the next few weeks, and all the fun and excitement that is ahead.




post signature

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig