Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

This is 36...........


I cannot believe in less than three (3) months I will be 37.  Its kind of surreal to think that I am almost 40, as most days I barely feel 30.  LOL!!  However, for the first time in my life as I look around I realize that people my age are leading such different lives. 

At age 18, most of my friends were in the same situation as me.  We were graduating high school, preparing for college, enjoying life as a young adult, and having a blast in the dating world.  However, 18 years later, our lives are so very different. 

Source
**Today, some of my friends are married, while others have never been married, or they are divorced or even widowed. 
 
**Some friends have kids, while others have adopted kids, or foster kids, or (like me) have not had kids.  Those that have kids, have kids that are in high school, while others have kids that are less than 6 months old.

**Some friends have very successful careers, while others decided to focus on other aspects of life and their careers are just jobs that pay the bills. 

**Some friends still have their parents and grandparents in their lives, while others have neither.

**Some friends live in nice homes that have been decorated by an interior decorator, while others are renting an apartment because they are not ready to settle down yet. 

**Some friends have traveled around the world, while others haven't really left the Southeast. 

The list could go on and on, but the fact is that we actually have "real life" experiences that have shaped each of our lives differently, some for the good.  
Source
Yet, this is life. This is what's its like being 36.

My 36 life is............

I live back in my hometown. 
I married my high school sweetheart, and we are still very much in love. 
I am fortunate to have both my parents in my life. 
I am blessed that two of my best friends are my bro and sis-in-law. 
I have a career I love. 
I love Tennessee football.  
I have big dreams for my career. 
I do want kids in a couple of years.  
I still love Yankees Baseball.
I love our home we live in. 
I find myself lucky that I can count on one hand the number of people that I have been close to that I have went to Heaven. 
I have had my heart broken twice, both by friends who I thought would be in my life forever.
I have fewer best friends today than I did 10 years ago, but those friends I do have are my very best friends. 
I still respect people the most, when I know they have a hard work ethic.  
I believe the best way to live life, is to live one full of faith. 
I believe being honest in the small things is critical to success. 
I believe in being kind and forgiving is the only way to live. 

Source
 Taking some time to stop and look at life is so important from time to time.  To reflect on where we are and where we are going.  Being a good steward of what the Lord has blessed me with, and ready for all that is ahead.  

Being 36 is such a good age.  With lots of life behind me, and (God willing) a lot of life ahead of me, being 36 is such a precious age in life.


post signature

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig