Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Lifestyle Change

I have been hesitant to share something very important about me on this blog, because I guess I was afraid I would mess up or fail, and then I have to tell you that it didn't work.  However, after a lot of thought, I decided to share this journey of changing our lifestyle and ultimately changing our lives. 

Several months ago, I came to a point where I was tired of feeling bad all time.  Now, please note that I am typically always in a good mood; however, my body just had no energy and I was just felt blah all the time.  I scheduled a few doctor appointments, and began researching ways to clean up our diet (for good) and get started on an exercise program.  I look at joining a gym or doing Weight Watchers, but I didn't feel right about those options.  

Then one day, I was talking to be best friend, Tiffany, and she mentioned she was doing a program called the 21 Day Fix.  I didn't think much of it, and we kept talking about everything else going on.  Then, after a few weeks went by, she mentioned it again, and said she had lost some weight.  This time when we talked about, I became intrigued and began asking her more about it.  She then referred me to her coach, and I should say the rest is (making) history.

Her coach Laura, who is simply amazing, contacted me and let em know all about the program.  After reading about it and with Laura's encouragement I decided to jump in.  I ordered the program, and Laura let me know that a 21-Day Challenge was starting the Monday I got back from vacay.  This was perfect timing.  

I spent a good amount of time on vacation, researching meal plans and food options, and by the time I got home from the beach, I hit the store and stocked up on a lot of delicious clean foods. 

And, on Monday (Oct. 26) I began.  I sat my alarm at 5:15 a.m. and when it went off I hit the ground running.  I start each day by grabbing a huge cup of ice water and heading to our media room.  Next, I spend about 30-45 minutes with the Lord studying the Word.  I believe that where the mind goes, the man will follow. So, I purposely began reading Joyce Meyer's new Mind Connection Book.  I read one chapter each morning, followed by some time in the Word and prayer. This is truly the cornerstone of my journey. 

Next, around 6:00 a.m.  I work out to one of the 21 Day Fix workouts.  These workouts take place 7 days a week, and they are 30 minute sessions.  During the first round of the 21 Day Fix, I focused on more on doing as many of the workout moves as I could and making this a habit, than I did really pushing myself to exhaustion.  The workouts are done around 6:30 a.m. and I head to the kitchen to make some breakfast.  I usually eat some carbs, lots of protein, and a piece of fruit. 

By 7:00 a.m. I am in the shower and ready to start the rest of my day. 

On the way to work I drink a health drink called Shakeology, which is delish, and by the time I arrive to work I am ready for the day. Lunch rolls around I eat a protein, veggies, protein, and healthy fat.  Snack is usually a piece of fruit or veggies.  Dinner is protein and veggies.

Here are a few pics from my first 21 days on the program.




  
So is this new lifestyle change working............YES!!  I've successfully lost 15lbs in 21 days, and would like to lose another 15 pounds by January 1st.  I have six (6) weeks to make that happen. and feel confident that I can make that happen. 

I feel so great, and have more energy than I have in years. I have already started Round 2 and plan to lose 8-10 lbs during this phase.

Will be back in a couple of weeks with an update. 

post signature

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig