Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Siesta Scripture #1


Oh friends, if you have been a part of Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture Memory Team in the past then you know the excitement that is my heart.  I have participated two times before, and its been one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

The goal of SSMT is to memorize 24 scriptures in 2015 (two per month.) This year, there is a little extra incentive for me. At the end of 2015, I will qualify to attend an event in Houston to see Beth Moore live.  Now, I have seen Beth live many times before; however, the difference this year is that my very best friend is now living in Winnie, TX (which is not far from Houston!!)   So what's better Beth and my BFF, it doesn't get better than that.  LOL!!!

The first scripture is Isaiah 42:6 NIV 

"I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand.  I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles."

This verse really stirs my heart. The Lord calls each of His children to be righteous.  This does not mean perfection, but means to strive to be in right standing with God at all times.  To rejoice always, pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances. To be disciplined and self controlled, to always be good stewards of what we have, and to always strive for excellence in everything we do. 

This verse also reassures us that The Lord is always leading us and will hold our hand to get us through each day.  When someone takes your hand, its a gesture of love, protectiveness, and faithfulness.  

Finally, the verse promises us that the Lord will give us opportunities to be a light to this lost world. To be a source of help for those in need, and to love everyone.  

Are you part of SSMT this year?  If so, I would love to "e-meet" you as we go on this adventure together.

Be Blessed My Friends and  Happy New Year!! 

post signature

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig