Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Goodbye Summer 2013........




Its official, Summer is OVER!!!  Summer 2013 was filled with so many good memories, and last week Matt and I headed to the beach with Jamie and Kristy to celebrate the end of an exciting season. We had an awesome time, filled with lots of rest, relaxation and laughter. 

Matt and I headed down to the coast a day early, and spent the afternoon and night in Charleston, SC.  We checked into one of my favorite hotels in Charleston, The Mills House, and then headed over to King Street for Second Sunday Festivities and Shopping!!


This was the perfect way to explore King Street, because all the roads were closed to traffic and we could just stroll through downtown without any worries of traffic, which was so nice.  After a little shopping, we kept exploring downtown and spent a few hours on Meeting Street, visiting the Market, strolling along the Battery, and making our way back to the hotel. 

Shopping on Kings Street!

Strolling through the streets of Charleston!

 The Battery!  One of my favorite places in the South!!

Simply Perfect Day!
And, I am laughing because it looks like the streets were empty,
but honestly it was a little busier than my pics show.  Ha!!

Me & My Sweetie!!

After exploring downtown, we headed to dinner on the Harbor!!!  Such a romantic and perfect setting to kick off our vacay!!  After dinner, we headed to Folly Beach to watch the Sunset and get a little sand in our toes!!  

 Simply Stunning!!!  

Not a Clear Pic........but love spending all my time with this guy!!

The next morning, we woke up early and headed to breakfast at one of my new favorite restaurants called TOAST!!  The food was incredible, and I even splurged and had stuffed French Toast. which was AMAZING!!


After breakfast, we headed to Patriot's Point. Matt has wanted to go for several years, so we made time to spend the morning explore the USS Yorktown!!

 This ship was huge!  We had a great time exploring!

 Matt getting his Top Gun On..........Ha!!

 Super Silly Pic of me.....I just can't get over how short I cut my hair.....'Oy!!


After exploring, we headed north to meet up with my bro-in-law, Jamie!!  (Kristy flew in from Boston later that night!!)  We got to the beach in time for a little Outlet Shopping and then checked into our resort. 

North Beach Plantation.....One of My Favorite Vacay Resorts!

Love all the Pools!!! Especially the Pool Bar and Lazy River!!

We had an awesome week!!  Lots and lots of sun, swimming, tanning, sleeping, reading, catching up, laughing, and truly an awesome time!!!  Here are a few pics from the week!!  

 My Sweetie and I!!

 Jamie and Kristy!!  So excited they are Mr. & Mrs.  :-) 

 Jamie and his "blender"!!!  Will be making a debut at our next tailgate!!

What's a beach trip w/o Putt-Putt!!  And, "Henry" almost beat Matt!  
We were all in stock.  HA!!

On our last night at the beach, and so thankful to be married to this man.  
Truly the Only Man I have every Loved
#blessed

We had a fantastic vacay.  This weekend, we layed low and rested before returning back to the craziness of our lives. 

I was so thankful to have this break, as I know the next few months are going to be intense.  Also, blessed to spend some much needed time with my bro & sis In-Laws and my sweet hubby.  Definitly medicine for my soul!! :-)

Now, here's to the Fall..............

post signature

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig