Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Who Cleans Your House?


Over the past two (2) years, my job has gotten more and more demanding on nights and weekends, and honestly the line defining "non-working" hours has become a little gray.  Now, I say that not complaining, because I simply LOVE my job.  However, I say that because when I find nights and afternoons during the weekends when I have a little free time, I find myself cleaning and organizing our home, than taking time to rest.  And, by the time all the house work is done, my "free" time is over and its back to working. 

Now, I must stop and say that Matt and I are pretty organized and neat people.  We put away our things, keep our laundry where it belongs, and papers are put away or shredded.  Keeping our home "neat" is not the problem, its keeping it spotlessly clean that is taking away my free time.  I want to be a good steward of my home, and I think keeping a neat , clean and picked up house is the way to do honor the Lord in what He has given us. 

However, keeping a house as clean as I desire, takes a lot of time and commitment, and I have to be honest that the idea of hiring a cleaning service to keep the main areas clean, so when I do have free time I can focus on bigger projects or simply just relax, has crossed my mind more times than I want to admit. 

So what keeps me from hiring someone?  ONE THING - Is hiring someone a good investment, especially since we do not have kids (yet).  Our house never gets "that" dirty, but I would love to go into a weekend with everything in place and picked up, and not having to plan my Saturdays and Sunday around vacuuming, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, etc. 

So, I thought I would go to my social media gals and ask.........Who Cleans Your House?  Do you like to clean it yourself and save the money, or do you hire someone?


Thoughts?



post signature

1 comment

Suzanne said...

I usually clean our apartment and Jared does the laundry. I'd definitely love to get a cleaning service at some point, for all the reasons you listed. Doing so is also giving someone the opportunity to get paid for services. Something to think about.


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig