Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Bonjourno...........

Bonjourno My Friends!!  (That's Hello in Italian!!)  Happy Almost 2013!!   I am so excited to be back after taking a few weeks off from regular blogging! Taking a blogging break was nice, but a little odd.  I love blogging, its a great release to be able to connect with amazing friends through this blogging sphere! Its also a great way to keep in touch with close friends and family that we do not see often!    However, I really needed a "Life Break," and the time off really has helped.  I am really coming back to life after relaxing for the last week or so! 

As I was resting, I thought I would do a fun Christmas update before the beginning of the year to get back into the swing of things.  (Be warned - this a lengthy post, but wanted to capture our holiday to be able to look back on in the years to come.) 

This year, we headed to our parents homes to spend a few days with our family.  The time was filled with too much good food and lots of fun times.  We were able to spend time with our sweet friends the Montgomery's and the McElhenny's.  We spent Christmas Eve Lunch with my Aunt and Uncle, and then Christmas Eve Night with Matt's Family and my parents.  (I didn't get very many pictures; however, here are a few from Christmas Eve.)

This is Matt Snooz'n after too much to eat at Christmas Eve Dinner.  

Celebrating the Newly Engaged Couple.........My Brother-in-Law and his gal Kristy! 

 I captured this pic as everyone was leaving, and it just put a smile on my face.
 I just love our family, and so blessed with all of over traditions. And, next year we are all praying for a little one running around with the upcoming adoption of our cousins Andrea and Blake (Missed you all!!)

Christmas was filled with so much fun and laughter, and I got lots of fun things.  I ended up leaving my phone and camera behind during the festivities; however, here are few things Santa brought me this year. 


  • Michael Kors Watch
  • Several Pandora Charms to finish my bracelet.
  • Perfume - Miss Dior Cherie
  • Vera Bradley Duffle Bag & Travel Accessories
  • Beth Moore's Jesus 90 Day Devotion Book (Have already started!)
  • Ralph Lauren Sweaters
  • Joyce Meyer's Battlefield of the Mind Book (Already Started Reading!)
  • Bare Minerals Travel Brush
  • Lots of things from Sephora, including this fun lip stick/gloss.
  • My annual box of Godiva Chocolate (Will take me 3-months to eat, LOL!)
  • The Happiness Project (blog post coming soon on how this book is impacting my life.)
  • Hillsong Chapel CD
  • Subscription to InStyle
  • Ralph Lauren Black Pumps
  • Itunes Cards
  • New Hobo Wallet
This gal is sooo blessed!!  :-) After a few days with our families, we headed back to Knoxville to relax and get things organized.  We got two major closets cleaned out, the pantry organized, and the fridge cleaned out too.   I even headed to the salon and cut off 7 inches from my hair and hoping to make it to the spa for a mani and pedi before the new year.  Just trying to enjoy these few days before jumping into the New Year with lots of things going on.  

I also realized that I hadn't shown you any pictures of our home decorated for the Holidays.  Here are a few pics:
 This year we added two more wreathes (to the bottom windows) and the two deer in the yard. 

 Front Porch!  Keeping it simple!

 Front Door Wreath!

 Our Christmas Tree! 

I have a couple of nativities; however, this one has always been one of my favorites!

 Love these gold trees we got from Penneys. 

 Of course I have my Penguins!!


 The picture was from the Christmas we were engaged in 2006; hard to believe this was our 16th Christmas together! 

 Love decorating all the little tables around the house.  Here is the table in our sitting room. 

I know, I know.  Enough pictures.  LOL.  I hope you had a GREAT Christmas and are getting ready for 2013!!


In prep for 2013, I got a new blog design!  Do you like? Its the first time that I have allowed someone else to design my blog look, and I LOVE IT!!  

Hope you've had a great Holiday, and looking forward to 2012 Recap coming tomorrow! 

1 comment

Whitney from Washington said...

So glad you all had such a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year!!


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig