Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Is Your Morning Routine Making You Successful?


 

I have a "perfect" morning routine in my head.  It includes a 45 minute workout, quiet time in the Word, a healthy COOKED (yes, I said Cooked) breakfast, reading the newspaper before the sun comes up, sending a couple of tweets, hot shower, and leaving in plently of time to arrive to work early!  

Does that happen often............Not Really.  I often sleep until 7:00 - 7:15 a.m., hop in the shower, quickly get ready, and arrive to work in a rush!  My "ideal" morning usually happens once or twice a week if I am lucky, but not often enough.  And, even after working hard to prepare for the mornings, my long days often call for long nights and long nights equal a rushed morning. 

 I came across this article a few months ago, and thought it was interesting. 


So, what is a realistic morning for me:

4:50 a.m. Rise and Shine
5:00 a.m. Workout
5:45 a.m. Protein Shake
5:50 a.m. Quiet/Devotion Time
6:30 a.m. Shower
6:45 a.m. Get Ready
7:30 a.m. Breakfast/Paper/Tweet
8:00 a.m. Head to Work

To Make This Happen I must also prepare my night time routine:

8:00 p.m. Stop Looking at All Work Emails and Projects
9:00 p.m. Wash Face, Brush Teeth, Plan Meals and Projects for the Next Day
9:30 p.m.  Head to Bed and Sleep
7 Hours of Sleep Ahead...........

Here is an awesome video from the Happiness Project About Bedtime:




So what is your "ideal" morning like?  Would love to hear your tips and ideas!

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig