Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Sweet Long Weekend!!

Pinned Image

Late last week I decided to take a long weekend, and enjoy some much needed downtime.  After a long meeting on Friday afternoon, I returned back to the office packed up my things and headed home around 7:00 p.m.  My mind and body were exhausted after last week, and I literally did two things I NEVER do.

#1 Stopped and ate Taco Bell for dinner and #2 Laid on the Couch and Watched TV!!  Ha!!  It was a relaxing night, something I needed (well, I am not sure I needed the Taco Bell...LOL). 

Saturday, my parents came down for a visit.  We headed to lunch, then ran by Carolina Pottery to get things for my Fall Wreath.  Can't wait to show you soon.  Then we ran a few other errands, and mom finally made it to the French Market in downtown.  We had a great night together, cooking dinner and just spending time together.  I love having them visit, and they left early Sunday morning, so I would have time to get ready before a radio interview and church. 

The radio interview went well, and church was awesome as usual.  I ran a couple of errands, and then headed home to get caught up on work.  It took me 6-hours, but I got all my emails and big projects under control.  

Monday was simply the best.  Matt was off, and we slept in, I cooked Oven Pancakes (see below), and then we had a relaxing morning.  He watched TV, and I spent time in the Word, catching up on blogging, and relaxing.  We cooked dinner together, and just had a great day at home.  Sometimes its nice just to stay in and relax. 

This is exactly what I needed, and I am ready for the busy week ahead. 

Have a great Tuesday...........and here is my recipe for Oven Pancakes. 

Puffy Oven Pancake with Berry Topping

Ingredients
2
  tablespoons butter or margarine
2
  eggs
1/2 
cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/2
  cup milk
1/4
  teaspoon salt
2
  cups assorted fresh berries
Powdered sugar, if desired 
Directions
  1. Heat oven to 400°F. In 9-inch glass pie plate, melt butter in oven; brush butter over bottom and side of pie plate.
  2. In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly with wire whisk or hand beater. Beat in flour, milk and salt just until mixed (do not overbeat). Pour into pie plate.
  3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until puffy and deep golden brown. Serve pancake immediately topped with berries. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.



No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig