Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Oh The Places We'll Go!!

Things have been a little quiet on here, and I have a few good reasons. 

One-I always plan my posts for the week on Sundays, and last week I came down with a 48-hour high-fever virus and I was down for the count.

Two-I have been out of town for the past several days on a work trip and had no time to update.

Three-Sometimes I get tired of link-up posts and decided it may be best to wait until I have a "real" update instead of writing a meanlingless post.

So............that settles that.

Yes, this week has been uber busy.  After spending Sunday and Monday in bed trying to sleep off my fever, I woke up Tuesday feeling a little better so I packed my bags for a four (4) day trip and headed into work.  After finalizing details of a major work project, I headed to Jefferson County to meet up with a group of travel writers/journalists for a 5-Day East TN Media Tour.  The company I work for was overseeing the tour, and I was so excited to experience parts of East Tennessee I had never seen before. 

Check out some of the incredible pictures for the events from the past week:

East TN White Lightning Media Tour!!!  
5 Days, Three States, 9 Counties, and 20+ Stops!!

First Stop - Dandridge, Tenn. 

Morristown @ Longstreet's Headquarters.  We also visit Bethesda Church, which was incredible. 

 
Crockett Tavern in Morristown

Grainger County - So Beautiful!!

 Joppa Mountain Pottery - Hidden in the Hills of East Tennessee!!

 LOVE this piece of Pottery - Kitchen Decor.....Maybe! 

 
Ritter Farm in Grainger County

 
Cumberland Gap National Park - AMAZING, and my favorite stop on the trip!!  So peaceful.  

 
Claiborne County rolled out the red carpet for us.  Dinner with 40+ Claiborne Co. and Bell Co. County Government Officials. 

Perfect Way to Start the Day - Stunning Beauty in Claiborne County

 Hiking to Find Elk in Campbell County

  From the Elk Viewing Stand

My Traveling Buddy & Tour Planner - Katherine 
@McCloud Mountain

Norris Lake after a Boat Ride and Dinner at the Marina

 Museum of Appalachia

 
Made it to Knoxville - Laney giving the group a walking tour on Saturday Morning!!

 
Of Course We Had to Catch Blue Plate!!  
 
 Our Group of Journalists

This was defiantly one of my favorite Press Trips.  We had an incredible group of journalists, and  laughed all week.  From off roading and experiencing the real thunder road, to enlightening conversations about life, sitting on tomatoes, walking 3+ miles to see invisible animals, and thinking up exciting "what-if" scenarios these past few days have been great, and really make me realize why I love my job!!

Hope your week went well, and if you ever need to get away for a few days, East Tennessee and Knoxville offers some amazing visits experiences.  






















No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig