Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Thoughts on Thursdays........

In the midst of posts about the fun things in life (Fashion, Decor, Funny Sayings, etc.), and the pics throughout my day, I thought I would post about something that has been on my mind.........

A good friend of mine is working in Cambodia for two years with an organization called Center for Global Impact.  Her purpose when she arrived four (4) months ago was to work with a group of young ladies (many who have been victim of human trafficking, sex trades, etc.) and work to build their confidence and self worth through teaching them to cook, and ultimatlly opening a restaurant.

The restaurant opened a little over three (3) weeks ago, and the growth in the girls has been fantastic. In fact, when Ry gave them their tips on Friday, instead of talking about how they were going to spend their money (which had been the conversation topic in the weeks before), they told her they were going to save their money.

The significance in this thought is for the first time (probably in their lives) the idea of a future is attainable.  

That thought just blows my mind.  I have always been a forward thinking gal, making plans on where I wanted my life to go, how I was going to get their, and how I would be able to measure my goals.  The idea of NOT thinking about my future is foreign to me. Yet, these young ladies were not "raised" with the idea they could become anything they wanted to be.  Their childhood and dreams were robbed away from them, and were replaced with a void that only hope can fill.

I feel so lucky and blessed of the life the Lord blessed me with.  I feel silly wallowing in the "stresses" of my life.  I have a hope and future, and I know my life will be rich and full, because I am trusting the Lord with my life.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

Have a blessed Thursday friends, and remember we are blessed beyond what we could ever think or ask.

Love To All!!   

    

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig