Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

A Season of Being Still

<An excert from my prayer journal>

The Word of God mentions the word "still" 295 times; yet, the 2 verses we all know are:

Psalms 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth."

Exodus 14:14 ""The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."

Over the past few months, the Lord has brought on a Season of Being VERY Still in my life. I have always thrived on going all the time, maxing myself at work, church, friends, and relationships. I didn't enjoy being alone, and my phone was constantly ringing.

Yet, as I become to love myself more and truly enjoy who the Lord has made me to be, I can honestly say I am digging Being Still. My walk with Jesus has become more intense, and the complaisant spirit I worried would settle in my soul has not rared its ugly head.

Being still allows God to truly move in my life, and communicate with me in a more intimate way. Keeping my plans very simple and spending lots of time with just Him. Hard times, difficulty, tension, war, and destruction are inevitable on this earth, but so is God's final victory. When that time comes, I will stand before the Lord quietly waiting for His judgment. How proper for me to reverently honor Him and His power and majesty, and to remain still.

Taking time each day to be still and exalt God. I want Him to know me intimately, and I want Him to use my soul to advance His Kingdom, not for my glory but for HIS GLORY!!! And, being still is an act of obedience to the Word & Authority of God.

And, as anxieties arise in my life, I must remain still, for then I am more likely to resist fear and put my trust in the Lord. I am remembering as as panic comes on, confess my needs to God and the trust Him to care for me.

PTL!!!

-Kim

© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig