Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Week Wrap Up..........

Mondays on this blog usually consists of updates from the weekend; however, today, is an update from the past week.  And, boy was it a week.  Monday and Tuesday flew by with never ending work projects and deadlines.  I was finally able to head home around 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday.

I drove "home" (aka parents house) as fast as I could and spent some much needed time with my mom and dad before they headed to bed before our early wake-up call the next day.  I ended up staying awake until 2:00 am-ish trying to finish work, and then of course the alarm went off at 5:15 a.m. to get ready and head the hospital.

Wednesday was a blur; however, mom's surgery went GREAT and she was able to rest all afternoon.  I ended up staying at the hospital with her Wednesday night, and she was discharged Thursday morning.  She was feeling great, and able to walk around and was eating very well too.

I snuck in a quick power nap, before heading to Kingsport to jump into wedding festivities.  I had my nails and toes done, then headed to Tiff's to change clothes, and over to the church for rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.  After the night of festivities, I got to spend some much needed time with my BFF, as we had a mini-slumber party.  We finally had to make ourselves STOP talking, so we could get a little rest before the BIG DAY.

Friday was Wedding Day, and Tiffany was so calm and excited.  She made an absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bride, and I was honored to stand by her side as she married her one true LOVE.

I made it home a little after 10 p.m., and actually got 11+ hours of sleep.  I spent some time with my parents before heading back to Knoxville in time to grab dinner with one of my favorite friends, Laney.  I just love hanging out and talking to that gal, we could (and do) talk for hours. She is definitely one of my closest friends and I cherish our friendship so very much.

Sunday, I had all intentions to head to church.  However, I didn't set my alarm on purpose, because I needed to sleep.  I ended up getting up around noon, and spending several hours in the Word and quiet time with the Lord.  I finished laundry, ran a few errands, and made it back in time to see my bro-in-law and hubby return from their trip to GA.  They had a great time, but they are exhausted.  The rest of the time we just relaxed, and enjoyed the quietness before the crazy week ahead.

I hope you enjoyed the week wrap up.  Thank you for your continued prayers for my mom, and here's to a great week ahead. 

1 comment

Whitney of Washington said...

I'm so glad your Mom's surgery went well.

Congrats to your BFF! :)

© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig