Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Quiet Time.............

This evening I felt the Lord call me to a time to be quiet before Him.  To stop my busyness, and just sit and spend time in His Word.  Oh, what a sweet, sweet blessing.  I am so honored with my relationship with my Lord.  He is my peace in times of chaos, my encourager in times of doubt, and provider of all my needs.  He has blessed me with more than I ever deserve, and I am humbled that He called me this evening to spend some sweet time with Him!! 

I came across Psalm 18, and couldn't help but write a sweet prayer to my Lord as I read through the scripture.  As I finished the chapter, I felt the Lord encouraging me to share this scripture and my prayer.  I hope these words encourage you.   (Hint:  My prayer is written in blue, scripture in black.)

 

Psalm 18


 1-2 I love you, God— you make me strong.
   God is bedrock under my feet,
      the castle in which I live,
      my rescuing knight.
   My God—the high crag
      where I run for dear life,
      hiding behind the boulders,
      safe in the granite hideout.

Lord, I love the You with all that I am.  You are my refuge in times of confusion, chaos, and uncertainty. 

 3 I sing to God, the Praise-Lofty,
      and find myself safe and saved.

Lord, I love to worship you with song and praise.  I ask my spirit to be less, and allow the Holy Spirit in me be greater.  That I may have more of You Lord, and less than me.  That I don't get in the way of where the You want to use me.

 4-5 The hangman's noose was tight at my throat;
      devil waters rushed over me.
   Hell's ropes cinched me tight;
      death traps barred every exit.

God, the ways of this world are so enticing, as I fight the temptation to give into my flesh and world desires.  I feel myself entertaining these temptations, and instantly I feel the pressure of the world engulf me.  Its so hard to resist the temptation of materialism, pride, status, and notoriety, as those things bring overwhelming stress that paralyzes my thoughts and dreams.  As the worldly desires overtake me, I have trouble remembering your truth Lord, because the lies of the enemies seem so believable.

 6 A hostile world! I call to God,
      I cry to God to help me.
   From his palace he hears my call;
      my cry brings me right into his presence—
      a private audience!

Yet, just as I feel overcome by failure, exhaustion, and worry I remember that these are only lies from the enemy.  I know that the devil comes to kill, steal, and destroy, and that as I buy into the ways of the world, I am buying into the enemy's lies.  He ultimately wants to kill my joy, steal my integrity, and destroy my witness as a child of God.  As I realize this, I cry out to the Lord, and He hears my voice.  I feel the Holy Spirit within me jump and leap, as the Father has heard my cry. 

 7-15 Earth wobbles and lurches;
      huge mountains shake like leaves,
   Quake like aspen leaves
      because of his rage.
   His nostrils flare, bellowing smoke;
      his mouth spits fire.
   Tongues of fire dart in and out;
      he lowers the sky.
   He steps down;
      under his feet an abyss opens up.
   He's riding a winged creature,
      swift on wind-wings.
   Now he's wrapped himself
      in a trenchcoat of black-cloud darkness.
   But his cloud-brightness bursts through,
      spraying hailstones and fireballs.
   Then God thundered out of heaven;
      the High God gave a great shout,
      spraying hailstones and fireballs.
   God shoots his arrows—pandemonium!
      He hurls his lightnings—a rout!
   The secret sources of ocean are exposed,
      the hidden depths of earth lie uncovered
   The moment you roar in protest,
      let loose your hurricane anger.

God, I know you are real.  You are above all creation.  No other God is like you, or greater you.  You have might to move mountains and part the sea.  You are a great and mighty and awesome God.  You are faithful and loving, and I am honored to serve you, and revere you with a Godly fear.   

 16-19 But me he caught—reached all the way
      from sky to sea; he pulled me out
   Of that ocean of hate, that enemy chaos,
      the void in which I was drowning.
   They hit me when I was down,
      but God stuck by me.
   He stood me up on a wide-open field;
      I stood there saved—surprised to be loved!

But God, even in your mightiness you heard my call for help.  You noticed my plea.  You recognized my voice, and came quickly.  My enemies wanted to see me fail.  Those so called "friends" laughed behind my back as they smiled at me to my face. The worries of my health defeated my belief in a miracle.  Yet, Lord those thoughts are mere lies from enemy, as you quickly heard my prayers and came to my rescue.

 20-24 God made my life complete
      when I placed all the pieces before him.
   When I got my act together,
      he gave me a fresh start.
   Now I'm alert to God's ways;
      I don't take God for granted.
   Every day I review the ways he works;
      I try not to miss a trick.
   I feel put back together,
      and I'm watching my step.
   God rewrote the text of my life
      when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.

Jesus, I am so thankful that you intervened in my life. You got my attention by surrounding me in love. Lord, you took my life that was failing miserably, and put it back together.  You made me strong, and you continue to build me up each day.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and I know that You will lead me ALL the days of my life.  You rescued me from destruction, and you have restored my life to more than what I could have thought of imagined. 

 25-27 The good people taste your goodness,
   The whole people taste your health,
   The true people taste your truth,
   The bad ones can't figure you out.
   You take the side of the down-and-out,
   But the stuck-up you take down a peg.

God,so many people think that belief in you is a crutch for the weak, yet, God I know what its like to live without you.  And, believing in you, is only who those who have strength, as we we lay down our lives daily to serve the life you called us to.  Holy Spirit give me the desire to see what is good in each day, give me a desire to put my health before temptation overcomes me, and give me a desire to read and meditate on your Word.

 28-29 Suddenly, God, you floodlight my life;
      I'm blazing with glory, God's glory!
   I smash the bands of marauders,
      I vault the highest fences.

God, thank you for stopping me this evening, and inviting me to spend time in your Word.  You place a spotlight on my life, and expose the dark places that need to be brought out into the Light.  Thank you Lord for your love for me, and drawing me closer to You. 

 30 What a God! His road
      stretches straight and smooth.
   Every God-direction is road-tested.
      Everyone who runs toward him
   Makes it.

God you are calling me to a life bigger than what I can accomplish myself.  You have already gone before me and made a way.  You know my future, because you created this life I live.  God I trust you, and I know I will make it.  

 31-42 Is there any god like God?
      Are we not at bedrock?
   Is not this the God who armed me,
      then aimed me in the right direction?
   Now I run like a deer;
      I'm king of the mountain.
   He shows me how to fight;
      I can bend a bronze bow!
   You protect me with salvation-armor;
      you hold me up with a firm hand,
      caress me with your gentle ways.
   You cleared the ground under me
      so my footing was firm.
   When I chased my enemies I caught them;
      I didn't let go till they were dead men.
   I nailed them; they were down for good;
      then I walked all over them.
   You armed me well for this fight,
      you smashed the upstarts.
   You made my enemies turn tail,
      and I wiped out the haters.
   They cried "uncle"
      but Uncle didn't come;
   They yelled for God
      and got no for an answer.
   I ground them to dust; they gusted in the wind.
      I threw them out, like garbage in the gutter.

God you promise to give me strength to meet challenges.  Yet, you never promise to eliminate challenges from my life.  God you never said there would be no rough roads to walk, no mountains to climb and no battles to fight, because if that were the case I would never grow.  Yet, when those challenges do come, you are faithful.  The same God that created this world is that same God that stands next to me during challenges, teaching me and strengthening me throughout the way.

 43-45 You rescued me from a squabbling people;
      you made me a leader of nations.
   People I'd never heard of served me;
      the moment they got wind of me they listened.
   The foreign devils gave up; they came
      on their bellies, crawling from their hideouts.

As I prepare for the day and pray about the challenges that this day will bring, Lord I ask that you give you an agape love, peace that you are in control, overflowing with joy, patience in all situations, kindness to everyone, goodness in my words and actions, faithfulness that all things will work out to your Glory, gentleness in times of stress and anger, and self-control in all my actions and thoughts in public and private.  God, as I ask for these things, guide me into your will.  Rescue me from the drama of situations, and set me a part to do your will, and not get caught up in the worldly desires.

 46-48 Live, God! Blessings from my Rock,
      my free and freeing God, towering!
   This God set things right for me
      and shut up the people who talked back.
   He rescued me from enemy anger,
      he pulled me from the grip of upstarts,
   He saved me from the bullies.

God, you have saved my life. May my mistakes be turned into giving you glory for restoring my life.  God, you have chosen me to be your witness, so that I may know and believe you and understand that you are God.

 49-50 That's why I'm thanking you, God,
      all over the world.
   That's why I'm singing songs
      that rhyme your name.
   God's king takes the trophy;
      God's chosen is beloved.
   I mean David and all his children—
      always.

Thank you Lord for saving me.  Thank you for richly blessing me with an incredible marriage, a loving and supporting family, encouraging friends, an incredible career, and a desire to serve others.  Lord I want to sing your praises all the days of my life, and I look forward to all that you have in store for me in the coming days, weeks, months and years.  

-Selah  

 
Incredible Song Praising Our Lord!

 

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig