Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Easter Weekend Recap!




I finally made it home.  After three (3) months of going non-stop, I finally had a chance to get out of town and enjoy a weekend away.  However, "enjoy" may be a strong word, but stick with me.  Friday morning, I got up at 5:30 a.m. and headed to Bristol to get my car fixed.  I arrived at 8:30 a.m., met my bro-in-law who told the mechanic what was going on, and we left with hopes of picking up my car around lunch. 

He then took me to my In-Laws house, and I hit the shower and got ready before my good friend, Tiffany stopped by to pick me up.  By that time, the mechanic called and said my car was ready, so we headed to pick up the car, before heading to Johnson City for lunch and Wedding Planning.  The afternoon was a success, followed by dinner with my mom and my hubby.  It was so nice to speed time with my best friend, my hubby, and my mom......I felt like one lucky gal. 

On Saturday, I woke up with a horrible headache, and ended up sleeping until 1:30 p.m.  I finally got to moving, and then spent a few hours working on "work projects."  I really wasn't feeling the best, and working on the projects wasn't helping my mood.  Finally, Matt encouraged me to STOP, and get ready so we could at least get out of the house.  We ended up spending some time with our "Church Parents," who we hadn't seen since Thanksgiving.  We had a great time relaxing and catching up, and I'm excited when camping season begins bc we will get to see them more often!!   

On Sunday, I woke up with another dang headache.  Arrhhhh.  I finally got moving, just in time for Easter dinner.  We had a great time seeing our families, and so glad everyone stayed after lunch to chat and catch up.  Finally, around 4 p.m., I decided to head home.  Since I had driven in separately, I thought it would be a good time as I drove back to reflect on things that are going on in my life, and try to get some perspective on key situations that are causing me so much stress.  It seems like lately that I haven't been myself.  The amount of stress that I find myself under each day becomes overwhelming at times, and its starting to effect my health and my relationship with those that mean the most to me.  As I drove down the Interstate, I finally let my guard down and just cried.  It was 4 months of heartache, stress, tension, anger, frustration, unforgiveness, and exhaustion.  I was listening one of my favorite worship songs, and I just couldn't help know that as the tears came down my face, that the Lord was drawing me closer to Him.  

When I arrived in Knoxville I was exhausted.  I quickly got to work getting the house in order, laundry done, and a few more work projects complete. 

As I went to bed, I couldn't help but to be thankful that the weekend was over, and that as I begin the week ahead, I reminded myself that the Lord is truly in Control. 

Have a blessed week!!


No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig