Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Do You See It?


Four Day Work Weeks Are Not My Friend!  Ha!!  I honestly said this to myself ALL week.  It seems that when a four (4) day work week rolls around, things just go crazy.  And, don't get me wrong, I LOVE having the one (1) day "off"; however, the other four days of the week just seem to keep me moving at warp speed.

Okay...............now that I have said all that.  I hope this post finds you doing well.  This week, as you can see above, has been a whirlwind.  Not only was it a four (4) day work week, it was also the first few days in the office after taking a week or so off at the end of the year.  So, I had lots of emails, projects, and deadlines waiting on me as I returned to my desk Tuesday morning. 

I have to stop here, and say that I am so very blessed to be doing what I am doing.  Since I was 16, I knew I wanted to work in PR and Communications, and to be able to do that on a daily basis just blows me away.  


No day is the same, yet to be able to gain experience in what I love to do, is just "incredible." 

Yet, as I slowed down today, and took some time to spend in the Word, and in prayer and worship, I came across the following verse.  I've read it 100x before, yet today the Lord had something I needed a reminder on:

"Do not love this world nor the things it offers you.....for the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world." (1 John 2:15-16 NLT)


Do you see it?  I didn't until today.  This world offers us cravings for "physical pleasure" (food and other desires); "everything we see" (material items), and "pride in our achievements & possessions" (titles, accolades, and defining significance in people's opinion not God.)

I took a moment and thought about the "busy" week I had just experienced.  How many times had I "craved" something to eat?  How many times had I "dreamed" of the living room furniture I am so "in-love" with?  How many times did I wonder if the decisions I was making at work would define my significance? And............How many times did I "crave" to spend time with God?  

Wow........when I weighed everything out it was a lopsided equation, to say the least.  It was in that moment the Lord spoke to my heart, and reminded me that He is the source of my significance.  He has blessed me with so much, a loving husband, an amazing family, a wonderful job, church, friends, etc.  And, yet, I am always thinking of more.   It was in that moment that I just THANKED GOD.  Thanked Him for my salvation, for His Love, Kindness, Goodness, Mercy, and Grace that He gives me exceedingly more than I can ever ask each day. 

And, as I prepare for another busy week, with lots of meetings, deadlines, church commitments, striving to be a good wife, and just trying to be a Jesus girl reaching for my Father's heart, I am reminded that my life is not defined by where I live or what I do, my life is defined by my relationship with the Lord and my life that He is transforming to be more like Him. 

Have  a blessed week sweet friends!!

No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig