Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Is Anything To Hard for God?

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to read through the Bible in a Year. In fact, I am following along with a Blog: A Strong of Pearls to help guide me through this amazing and already rewarding journey.

Today, we read Genesis 18, the story where the three visitors (the Lord and two Angels) visit Abraham and Sarah's Camp to inform Abraham that Sarah will give birth to their firstborn child, Isaac. Sarah laugh's to herself at the thought of two people their age being new parents. And the question is asked, Is Anything to Hard for God?

I couldn't help but stop there and just stare at those words. We all know the answer to the question is NO, nothing is impossible for OUR GOD. However, I had to be honest with myself and remember the everyday fear I have, when I put God in a box with limitations, and try to fix my life, my worries, and my fears all by myself. Me trying to take over different situations, and forgetting that Nothing is Too Hard for the Lord.

I need to make it a habit to Insert My Specific Need, Worry, or Fear into the question, which is what I began writing:

  • Is this habit I am trying to break Too Hard for the Lord?
  • Is this day in my life Too Hard for the Lord?
  • Is the situation I am dealing with at Work Too Hard for the Lord?
  • Is finding a new Home Church Too Hard for the Lord?
  • Is my career Too Hard for the Lord?
  • Is adding children to our Family Too Hard for the Lord?
  • Are our Financial Decisions Too Hard for the Lord?
  • Is My Health Too Hard for the Lord?

The Answer to ALL these questions NO! NO! NO!

Asking the question this way reminds me that God is personally involved in my life and is nudging me each and everyday to ask for His Power to Help Me.

Our God amazes me everyday because He truly cares about every detail, situation, worry, fear, insecurity we have, and I worship Him because He is So Worthy of My Praise.

PTL!!!

-Kim

1 comment

Cherie Hill said...

Loved this post! Glad I found your blog!
In Him,
Cherie


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig