Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

Girls Weekend

I started the weekend by swinging by the Red Box, hitting the grocery store for a pasta dinner, and stopping at the local mart for 44 oz Sprite. Yup...........if you haven't guessed........its Girls Weekend in the Davis House.



My best friend Tiffany came to visit for the weekend, and we committed the weekend to relaxing, sleeping in, and lots of catching up. We began Friday Night with Dinner and Movies.

Our Movies of Choice: The Proposal



Check Out these Blooper Clips



Bride Wars





We then decided to break out the Wii, and play:







Saturday, we honestly did not leave the house until dinnertime and we met our good friend Dustin for dinner at Moe's. This was my first trip to Moe's, I'm usually a Salsaritas Girl, but the food was yummy. And, I was excited to finally make it to Moe's. We then headed back to Dustin's house for some lively conversation, and lots of laughs!



Sunday we headed to check out a new church on Market Square in Downtown, Knoxville and then had brunch at Down Town Grill and Brewery, which had an incredible Jazz Band playing. Great way to enjoy a rainy Sunday.

After Tif left this afternoon, I spent a few hours in the Word studying Exodus 11-24. The Lord really spoke directly to me on a few things I have been praying about for the last few months. I was encouraged through this part of Exodus, when the Isrealites finally left Egypt, and the Lord took them through a longer path through the desert instead of the shortcut which would have lead them into a war, which the Lord was afraid they would return to Egypt after facing the hardship.

Reading this part in Scripture, the Lord reminded me that sometimes He will not lead me on the shortest path to reach my goal. He also reminded me that I should resist complaining about the detour of the desert road to get to where He has called me to go.

We are to follow him willingly and trust Him to lead us safely around unseen obstacles. God can see the end of our journey from the beginning, and he knows the safest and best route.

I am standing on this lesson over the next few months as Matt and I wait patiently on deciding on buying a house, where we should buy, and all the process in between. However, no matter what happens I know that I am blessed beyond what I deserve and I am thankful for the friendships the Lord has entrusted to me. Love Ya Tif!!



No comments


© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig