Striving to Live a Life of Adventure, Excellence, and Faith.

New Bible Study............Here we Go!!

Some of you may remember a few years ago my prayer and desire was to study, in-depth, the Old Testament. I truly felt like I was missing a major element of my faith. Not to mention, I kept having these recurring thoughts of being in Sunday School as a child and always being embarrassed when we played Bible Trivia and I never knew any answers to the Old Testament Questions, and ultimately it was my fault my team always lost. Ha!!

Well I am thrilled to announce that over the past year, I have successfully studied Psalms of the Accent, I had no ideas those treasures were hidden in the middle of my Bible; Esther and WHOA was that a blessing of a lesson; and I am now embarking on Genesis and the Study of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

I cannot express how excited I am to have these opportunities to Study God's Word in such an intimate way. And, not to mention, our Bible Study group is one of the biggest blessings I could have ever asked for, and I am beyond blessed to have them in my life and in my heart.

Last night was Night #1 of 11 in our new study. And not even 24 hours later, my book is already underlined, highlighted, and of course the margins of the lesson you can find notes, questions, and quotes I've written with ideas and things that make me just stop and say WOW!

I don't want get into too many details this evening about the new study; however, one thing I excited to learn is how to differentiate the names of the Lord and their meanings when they are listed in the Bible. Some examples are: Lord, LORD, God, GOD, Adonai, Yahweh, (ineffable) Elohiym, Ha-Shem - Name, etc.

WE SERVE ONE GOD with MANY NAMES. He is our Creator, our Master, our Healer, our Provider, our Victory, our Sheppard, our Friend, our Father, our Peace, etc.

And tonight as I prepared for my quiet time with the Lord, I began my Worship Time to Our God and the Following Song began to play, and I was amazed by the simplicity of the lyrics:

"Oh Lord, give us new hearts
And new minds
For Your glory
May Your name be lifter higher
And higher and higher

We prepare the way
We prepare the way of the Lord"
-----------
Yes!! My prayer is that the Lord's names will be lifted Higher and Higher. Above everything else in our lives that HIS NAME will be our peace, our love, our joy, and most of all our Life.

My prayer tonight is that the Holy Spirit will use me to lift the Lord's names higher and higher to prepare for the manifestation of God in the lives of those around me. That the Holy Spirit will use me to Lift the Lords name up in conversations and situations, and in return a door will open for the Holy Spirit to minister to the needs in those conversations and situations.

AMEN!!

Have a blessed evening, and enjoy the song that has me ready to be used by the Lord.






© Cardigan Chic

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig